Forgot to Read the Terms and Conditions

:lol: OK, I can see you're convinced this is completely fine to do.

Good luck.

I'm going to run this thread past my father (since he agreed to pose as me contest-wise after we realized there was an age requirement) and see what he thinks. I apologize for acting like an idiot here. I just got kind pissed off after the prize money was called chump change. It's all relative. I personally, agree to disagree.

It's not chump change. It's not easy to scrap $420 in a pinch and I work full time. It's expensive just to be alive. It doesn't make it ok to break the rules. I mean, nobody justifies hitting a bank saying "those $1000000 are hard to come by". It's not like he's stealing from the people. The money's insured. A bank robber would be stealing from the big bad insurance companies. See where I'm getting at?

As I said, you go ahead and do it. Don't fool yourself into thinking it's ok though.

It's not chump change. It's not easy to scrap $420 in a pinch and I work full time. It's expensive just to be alive. It doesn't make it ok to break the rules. I mean, nobody justifies hitting a bank saying "those $1000000 are hard to come by". It's not like he's stealing from the people. The money's insured. A bank robber would be stealing from the big bad insurance companies. See where I'm getting at?

As I said, you go ahead and do it. Don't fool yourself into thinking it's ok though.

Yeah, I won't make a habit out of ignoring age requirements (or any requirements). The snag here was just that my photo is already entered and well on it's way to success (I hope).

They'll ask for id when you come to claim it, then they will keep your picture and keep the prize.

What hell is up with you two??? If I win, I win. It's not like I have a friggin' unfair advantage by being younger. I understand it's a lie, but cheating? I don't agree with you there. It's lying to a major company. People lie all the time. A boost for my photography sounds a bit more worthy of a lie then, eg; the crap on Wall St. Keep in mind that I'm 14. I don't have some saving account outside of a college fund with that kind of money in it.

You seem to think it's acceptable to lie/cheat because it's a so-called "major company". Why is that? What have they done to you that somehow allows you to feel the need to even the score with them?

I'm not trying to even the score. It's just they're a company with deep pockets and this could be a really big break for me.

So who takes your tests for you at school? Obviously with this line of thinking getting a diploma is far more important that earning one.

Your attitude about honesty and a "companies deep pockets" will take you far in this world. All the way to the unemployment line. News flash, honesty is still a valued commodity in the business world. Of course if you are planning on becoming a politician or a mobster you have a great start. :lmao:

Last edited:
You seem to think it's acceptable to lie/cheat because it's a so-called "major company". Why is that? What have they done to you that somehow allows you to feel the need to even the score with them?

I'm not trying to even the score. It's just they're a company with deep pockets and this could be a really big break for me.

So who takes your tests for you at school? Obviously with this line of thinking getting a diploma is far more important that earning one.

Your attitude about honesty and a "companies deep pockets" will take you far in this world. All the way to the unemployment line. News flash, honesty is still a valued commodity in the business world. Of course if you are planning on becoming a politician or a mobster you have a great start. :lmao:

...... At it's core, this whole thing was a mistake. I did not knowingly enter the contest underage. It's not like because I lied once I'm going to start lying about other things. What would you do in my situation? I wrote a column on the subject of lying, if anyone cares to read it. My popularity here on TPF has gone down a fair bit, I sense.

Besides, Competico sucks raw chicken livers.

Thanks for not flame-grilling me, Jerry ;). Why is Competico bad? It's in the TPF link directory(which has disappeared?) .

It is not my place to flame you, even if I agree that what you did is a display of bad character.

As for Competico... google it, sit down and start to read the massive BS.

...... At it's core, this whole thing was a mistake. I did not knowingly enter the contest underage. It's not like because I lied once I'm going to start lying about other things. What would you do in my situation? I wrote a column on the subject of lying, if anyone cares to read it. My popularity here on TPF has gone down a fair bit, I sense.

What would I do in this situation? I would withdraw from the competition.

But that's just me.

It's much easier to rationalize doing the wrong thing than it is to suck it up and do the right thing. Hopefully you'll learn how important it is to do the latter as you get older. I can't honestly say what I would have done at 14, but I absolutely know what I would do now.

It may not seem like a big deal to you right now, but once you set a precedent for yourself where it's ok to break the rules because you really want the prize, it's a slippery slope.

Anyway, not trying to be your dad here, and I know you're not going to listen to me, but I really think you need to realize what you're doing.

Besides, Competico sucks raw chicken livers.

Thanks for not flame-grilling me, Jerry ;). Why is Competico bad? It's in the TPF link directory(which has disappeared?) .

It is not my place to flame you, even if I agree that what you did is a display of bad character.

As for Competico... google it, sit down and start to read the massive BS.

Don't worry about it Jerry, now that I've calmed down I'm realizing that I was a bit of an immature brat in my response to NOYZE and others. I'll google it now.. While clenching my teech. I guess I will contact Competico and ask for my photo to be removed. Y'all shamed me into it (kidding..Mostly;))!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back