Forgotten Fallen C&C requested

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by hopdaddy, Mar 12, 2010.

1. hopdaddy

hopdaddy No longer a newbie, moving up!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    This shot was inspired by a set from Bitter a while back,but I wanted to wait till there was an overcast day to catch the desired lighting and mood...so here it is.I'm asking for C&C because, as with every shot I take ,my second thought causes me to want a better photo. So any and all suggestions are greatly appreciated.when I re-shoot I plan to get a lower angle and make the two stones that are leaning against each other the main focus
    I liked this shot because of the lighting,and the history it reveals.
    Thanks for looking and i hope you like it also

Camera:Nikon D90Exposure:0.001 sec (1/1600)Aperture:f/5.6Focal Length:105 mmFocal Length:106.8 mmISO Speed:250Exposure Bias:-1 EVFlash:No Flash
    AP mode

[​IMG]

I'm adding this second photo to show what the stone reads

[​IMG]

2. pbelarge

pbelarge TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Hop
    Not sure what mood you are trying to capture. Maybe explain it a little more.

I love old cemetary photos and headstones of people from years gone by...it really makes one think.

3. hopdaddy

hopdaddy No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos OK to edit
    I thought,the photo was a bit gloomy,and a small bit dark."at least that was what I was trying for"the place was not well kept and seldom visited...forgotten...Like many Vets.
    with the two stones lying against each other a symbol of the brotherhood felt by all solders.one supporting the other,because thats all they have
    Each other