Forgotten In Time

NJMAN

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Far beyond the bowels of human existence...Minneso
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This is one of my latest landscapes. C&C always welcome. Thanks for looking! :)

forgotten_in_time.jpg

Thanks for looking! :)

NJ

The light given, I am now interested in what the original, un-HDR-ed photo looked like. OF COURSE it is none as saturated, contrasty and DYNAMIC as this version is, but something tells me that the original photo (one of the three, given you took more than one exposure and did not use one RAW-pic and three exposure values of that one) was beautiful already before it got taken through the process. So ... may we see? Or must we not?

Ok, I guess I can post the original. This one is the correctly exposed one of the 3 exposures I took. There has been nothing done to it except for a little bit of sharpening.

IMG_4574_2_700.jpg

So I see my assumption confirmed that the un-HDR-ed photo was good enough all by itself. I knew that.
If I had come past this scene, and if I had had this light, and taken this photo, I would have been happy! I might have felt tempted to darken this one a little just so the colours would come out more, but other than that it simply is good to begin with! :D

Thank you Corinna! I probably could have gotten away with 1 exposure, but I love playing with the increased dynamic range. I also like to have that sort of "painting with light" look.

Thanks for your nice comments. :)

i know i ask alot of people ot see there images in b&w, but thats because i feel alot of older..simple pictures like these look nice in b&w. i mean, its look great as is.. may i see it in b&w?

I love the look of HDR and this shot proves it NJ!!! Great scenic view.

Thank you oldnavy! Im glad you like it. I just couldnt resist taking this shot with the peeling paint and all, on the old building. I appreciate your very kind words.

i know i ask alot of people ot see there images in b&w, but thats because i feel alot of older..simple pictures like these look nice in b&w. i mean, its look great as is.. may i see it in b&w?

Hi Keith,
Of course you can see it in black and white. Here it is. Thanks for asking! :)

forgotten_in_time_bw.jpg

i like the non HDR better, maybe just level adjusted a bit

Excellent work. Love the color HDR.

Your terrific NJ, your post-processing always amazes me. (your photography too, of course)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back