Forgotten In Time

Good job ! I like the vibrant colors in your HDR edit. But like Corinna said you started with a fantastic photo.

Awsome BW NJ! Colour versions not bad either!

i love the color hdr you originally posted. i love those vivid colors! still have yet to play with hdr, but maybe will find some time this weekend. no ideas where to start. did you read the process or learn from here? i'll google, but am interested to know your source as i think you do it well.

NJMAN,

This is a great shot. I like the light you caught and the subject. The reflection sets it off. I think somewhere between the original and hdr would be my personal taste.

I was hoping someone else with more tact than I have would mention it, but not; so I suppose I'll take the bullet, it seems to be tilted a couple degrees to the right.

At first I thought the building and tree might be slanted due to prevailing winds, but the reflection is off. The B&W makes it very noticable.

Nice shot, really good PP.

I absolutely love the black and white!!!

Thank you southerngal! Much appreciated. :)

Awsome BW NJ! Colour versions not bad either!

Thank you too Kanikula. You are very kind. :)

i love the color hdr you originally posted. i love those vivid colors! still have yet to play with hdr, but maybe will find some time this weekend. no ideas where to start. did you read the process or learn from here? i'll google, but am interested to know your source as i think you do it well.

Hi Abby,
Thank you so much for the nice words!

The tutorial from woodsac is a good read. He explains it in great detail: http://thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=79744

I have also seen this tutorial, but there are several others I havent read:
http://stuckincustoms.com/2006/06/06/548/

Hope this helps. :)

NJMAN,

This is a great shot. I like the light you caught and the subject. The reflection sets it off. I think somewhere between the original and hdr would be my personal taste.

I was hoping someone else with more tact than I have would mention it, but not; so I suppose I'll take the bullet, it seems to be tilted a couple degrees to the right.

At first I thought the building and tree might be slanted due to prevailing winds, but the reflection is off. The B&W makes it very noticable.

Nice shot, really good PP.

Abraxas, you are absolutely correct! The building is about 3 or 4 degrees off. I was actually going back and forth about that before I posted it...should I straighten or not?

But Im not sure if that was due to the camera being slightly tilted on the tripod, or the building showing its age. I happen to know that this building is an old grainery that is well over 100 years old. So, your guess is as good as mine.

"so I suppose I'll take the bullet"...oh geez, you dont have to worry about that with me. ;) Critique all you want, thats the only way Im going to improve. I will gladly do the same for you. :)

Thanks for the comments!

NJ

Most reactions

Back