Forsrslyreal

I hope she picked up the spare with her second ball.

I love the idea. I kinda want white light behind the "attacker" as well though. Maybe even go composite and put the moon up behind him with a fuller silhouette. I'd like to see him brighter (my screen usually shows photos brighter than they actually are, if I printed this you wouldn't even see the guy).

The lighting on the "victim" is awesome. As others have mentioned I'd just change up the facial expression and pose slightly.

Really a great idea though. This is the stuff I want to do more with my off-camera flashes. There's this schoolyard by my house thats been getting a dense layer of fog over the grass every morning this summer and it just screams photo-op. I was looking through your flickr yesterday and you do great work.

~Tom

Did she make the catch or did he get 4 runs?

wow I just can't get how many people don't understand what the scene is about here... to me it is plainly obvious, I'd probably hate to watch movies with you guys!

OK so the woman's pose could be improved upon to give a more immediate and obvious response, rather than actually having to look at it for more than a second, but in this type of image I don't see that as a major problem. It's not a model shoot. Our bodies do look strange at times, take lots of shots of athletes and you will see this.

To me the thing that I would change before the pose is the expression, could do with some fear in there.... but not understanding the scene guys... really?

Next time Village, you might want to make her wear a T-Shirt with a target on it. :p

Cheesy horror movie of the girl running after tripping and falling on the ground and the killer just standing in the shadows behind her.

I got that and I think it looks pretty cool. I like how dark it is - anyone who can't see the man in the background has issues with their monitor and/or calibration.

I have to agree though that the arm in the air looks very awkward, exactly like bowling. She also doesn't look scared in the shot.. a little but wider eyes, maybe slightly looking back... minor gripes though.

It's good to see people using OCF and trying different stuff.

I have one where she's got this look of desperation on her face, but the guy in the back moved, so the rear flash looks like a big red spot light. I'll edit and post those after work.

wow I just can't get how many people don't understand what the scene is about here... to me it is plainly obvious, I'd probably hate to watch movies with you guys!

OK so the woman's pose could be improved upon to give a more immediate and obvious response, rather than actually having to look at it for more than a second, but in this type of image I don't see that as a major problem. It's not a model shoot. Our bodies do look strange at times, take lots of shots of athletes and you will see this.

To me the thing that I would change before the pose is the expression, could do with some fear in there.... but not understanding the scene guys... really?

Next time Village, you might want to make her wear a T-Shirt with a target on it. :p

It had just stopped raining and I had the poor girl laying on the ground to start out with and I'd tell her to start running on 3. I really wish it would have still been raining though. That would have made for a better photo.

wow I just can't get how many people don't understand what the scene is about here... to me it is plainly obvious

The above statement is a good example of why one needs to be careful in accepting others comments on their work. When a photo does not spell out what one is trying to convey, and the public is viewing, there will be as many different comments as there are people.

My 2cents;
This is a work in progress with more attempt(s) necessary to produce a product that will convey the feeling/concept.

Can she come to my house and pull my weeds too? LOL jk.. nice picture though.

Needs some fine tuning, for me the fact that it is in color is a little unwanted actually. I think you could use some more highlighting, though I don't know what kind of lighting you have access to.

I too miss how this is a difficult image to understand, it was very nicely presented I think.

Obviously the arm is wrenched back but I really think the posing is fine, you don't want perfect posed that doesn't look natural. Face could use some work, but fear can be a hard one sometimes.

Honestly my biggest problem is just that there could be more contrast, more highlights to contrast all the dark. Not saying the image needs to be brighter, just have some more key elements highlighted.

:meh: Don't get it. This art is too high for me.

Guy's holding a cricket bat......girl's running for her life. Think about it.

I like the photo IMO
Cool concept and the girl's reaction looks very good as if she really is running from a crazy guy w/ a bat after her

....unless Village really is a killer then I think he just gave away an evidence for the court :lmao:

Needs some fine tuning, for me the fact that it is in color is a little unwanted actually. I think you could use some more highlighting, though I don't know what kind of lighting you have access to.

I too miss how this is a difficult image to understand, it was very nicely presented I think.

Obviously the arm is wrenched back but I really think the posing is fine, you don't want perfect posed that doesn't look natural. Face could use some work, but fear can be a hard one sometimes.

Honestly my biggest problem is just that there could be more contrast, more highlights to contrast all the dark. Not saying the image needs to be brighter, just have some more key elements highlighted.

I have 4 other lights I could have used, but less is more is what I was thinking. I just wanted to one light on her, like it's coming from an unseen source in the foreground and that's what she's running for with the creepy unexplained red back light that you would see in some cheesy ass horror movie.

I did edit this a little more and put a texture over it while masking her skin and hair. It gives it a really gritty/dirty look that I think it missing here. A makeup artist or her willing to get muddy would have really helped out.

I completely understand!

As I said, good concept. If you ever get the time work it out a little more, maybe a different spot, some different set ups because this one is so close for me, yet so far.

An old saying about digital arts and the arts in general, "The closer you get to the real thing, the farther you actually are."

Is there anyway you can paste the background from this shot into the one you explained where the girl looks better but the guy moved his head? Should be an easy task in Photoshop..

So he has a cricket bat...hmm...that mean's he's traveled from the British Empire...

Most reactions

Back