Forum posts being stolen?

I have an idea, and its going to take me just a few minutes to implement it. I host my photos on my own server, so I can set something up to redirect any web requests from that site to something else, say a picture of my ass.

I'll post a screenshot with the results here in a few.

I have an idea, and its going to take me just a few minutes to implement it. I host my photos on my own server, so I can set something up to redirect any web requests from that site to something else, say a picture of my ass.

I'll post a screenshot with the results here in a few.

Wow! I'm getting old....

Sounds like a fun idea!

I've made a bunch of threads... I wonder what the filters is...

Do y'all put your copyright info in your exif's? I do.

I dont even know how to do that stuff. There are more images of mine there, then I thought. And I hardly post here. :er:

I'm apparently 'Smith' over there.

The nice thing about having complete control over your own domain? htaccess redirect rules.

har.jpg

I think its been killed - I can't seem to get there anymore

I'm apparently 'Smith' over there.

The nice thing about having complete control over your own domain? htaccess redirect rules.

What did you use to redirect? I cobbled this together in my .htaccess:

RewriteCond %{HTTP_REFERER} .*heavyshare\.net.* [NC]
RewriteRule .* /myspace/thieves.gif [F]

And I think this might have broken their stuff, all I get now is a database error.

Just curious, how did you find it?

I'll bet it was GEEKY.

Yeah, it was geeky. I am doing some tweaks to my website, so I have the logs scrolling on a monitor. I just happened to notice a request with the referrer as heavyshare.net, so I loaded the referring URL, and there was my photo and forum post.

What did you use to redirect? I cobbled this together in my .htaccess:

RewriteCond %{HTTP_REFERER} .*heavyshare\.net.* [NC]
RewriteRule .* /myspace/thieves.gif [F]

And I think this might have broken their stuff, all I get now is a database error.

If I told you, they could get around it. Pretty close, though. You don't need the asterisks in the rewrite condition, though. It'll match any pattern.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back