Forum posts being stolen?

Oh and I'm pretty sure you couldn't break them.

The system tells the browser 'go here, and tell them you came from here', then the client browser (not their host system) makes the request and says 'hey, I came from here'.

Can't find any of mine there... Yippee!

iI can't believe the amount of work someone put into this.

You'd be surprised at how easy something like that is to set up. In general, a completely open website can be duplicated with about 2-3 commands and some time.

You'd be surprised at how easy something like that is to set up. In general, a completely open website can be duplicated with about 2-3 commands and some time.

Also, if the site was duplicated, why are none of mine there? Not that I'm disappointed, as they are mostly not them worth stealing, but I've posted quite a few pictures, and not one over there.

Seems malicious to me. And the site is still up-I'm browsing it now.. It's amazing how it's like a mirror..

Last edited:
css won't be able to do anything, since only the .jpeg is being loaded from the webserver. css is something additional that gets called by a html file or html generated by a script. I'm suprised that smugmug allows hotlinking to begin with.

OK, i just looked harder and found some of my shots. The whole forum seems pointless though, it's probably just meant to p*** us off.

Most reactions

Back