Forum psycologist needed...

PlasticSpanner

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.cheshirecatcarclub.info
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Something quite frightening is going on with my other half right now.

A friend recently phoned me to tell me about a load of phtography gear up for auction, and she let me go and have a look!
I told her it may go for stupid money i.e £15 so we should put a bid in, she agreed!
I thought about it a realised maybe someone in my small town might also be interested in it so asked her if we should set a more reasonable limit of £40, she agreed!
The day of the auction 2 old guys were interested as well but bowed out at £26 so we won the lot. I brought it home & wanted to have a day off work to have a look at all of it, she agreed!
It turned out there were 3 enlargers & a complete developing/printing setup and I had to try it but in the house & not in the cold shed, she agreed!
I "borrowed" a small corner of the utility room to set up each enlarger to test them & decide which one to keep. I told her it would have to stay set up because it was too much work to put it all away every time, she agreed!
We have now decided the little corner isn't big enough so after phoning her to tell her of my plans, I've spent the day removing a wall to make the utility room bigger with more worktop down one wall & wall cupboards overhead, she agreed!
I then pushed my luck & told her the dainty corner hand basin would be un-useable in the corner at the end of the worktop and we should replace it with a stainless steel sink set into the top, she agreed!!!

This is all marvelous but I can't help the terrifying feeling there's going to be a sting in the tale for me somewhere! Any good minds out there want to suggest what may be happening and why I'm getting my biggest ever cake & eating it!?

She's effing the neighbour.

Now this is the TOUGHEST of problems I have EVER heard about in my life!

I really can't help you here, Chris.
No idea what is going on. She might have THE Christmas present for herself in mind that she is going to tell you any day soon now...
Or there might be a new baby on the way and the hormones make her so mellow?
Bace says he's the shrink - he might as well be The Shrink Of TPF!!!

Call your lawyer. She's up to no good, and you need to protect yourself. :lol:

Or, I suppose it could be some lame thing, like she loves you and your enthusiasm is infectious? ;)

What? THAT?
"She loves you" and all?

Oh well. The PlasticSpanners have not yet been married for so long, so it still IS an option......... :roll: ;)

I don't think the "love" theme is applicable here! She loved me when I was building my road rally car but that didn't smooth over the hostilities!:lol:

"Effin the neighbor"!:confused: I don't think there's a barge pole long enough to entice her to remove even his hat for him!:lol: Brrrrrr!:pale:

LaFoto's suggest is the most frightening and plausable one yet with the christmas present but that hurts every year!:lol:

If it's not the neigbour, it's someone.

My Mom effed my Dad's best friend once.

Effing around runs in the family apparently.

I'd so make a good shrink....tra la laaa...

PlasticSpanner said:
LaFoto's suggest is the most frightening and plausable one yet with the christmas present but that hurts every year!:lol:

And the new baby idea just does not count?

Wishful thinking! Thanks guys!:)

but no, no raging or spinning hormones!
She's gone out tonight to give me room to work on the new darkroom! All she says she wants is a space to put the washing powders that she can reach! (She's only short!:lol: )

This is coming back to bite me I'm sure!:confused:

Yeah... girlfriends are like elephants - they NEVER forget..... "Oh like the time I let you build your darkroom... now you won't even get me a little diamond ring??" It's all ammunition :)

I'm so glad I didn't say that & just incase my wife ever reads this thread I don't think girlfriends/wives are like elephants :confused:, I'm sure they're not at all vendictive and it's amazing how a woman never forgets anything!:lol: :blushing:

The last bit about the diamond ring sounds like it's personal Rob!:lol: but isn't your own darkroom worth a diamond ring?

I'm just afraid this is going to cost me a lot more!:confused: :lol:

Most reactions

Back