Forum skins

mygrain

Friend to nose goblins everywhere
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey holy ones- are there more options in the way of skin themes than the two offered in my profile for this forum? If not, can more be added? Just wondering. Thanks.

Skins are a way of changing the looks of a forum. Certain forum software (well, pretty much all of them now) allow you to add different skins to them. The users select which one they want to use by selecting it in their profile.

you can blame me for the look of this one hehe

if you go to the PHBB site and got to the skins, you will see a list of them in action.

HAHAHAHA!!! I just noticed manda's sub-title. Anybody got a bar of soap? :D

Chase said:
Adding them is pretty straightforward. Let me know if there are a couple you like and I will look into it.
If you want me to get my staff at forumstyles to wip something up, just give me a copy of the .css that this forum uses and I'll get the forum something nice.

Quizbiz said:
Chase said:
Adding them is pretty straightforward. Let me know if there are a couple you like and I will look into it.
If you want me to get my staff at forumstyles to wip something up, just give me a copy of the .css that this forum uses and I'll get the forum something nice.
This is a phpbb not and invision, would they know their way around the css? I know on phpbb it's not all that hard, but unless you know what you're doing a lot of the time you won't know what you're actually editing.

Slightly off topic. I downloaded the new version of invision a little while ago. I used to do lots of skinning with invision and before that ikon boards. They've really gone to town with what you can edit in the admin cp haven't they! I was lost. :oops: :lol:

Sure the css is different, but it is still CSS.

I can figure out what changes what by a) finding an online tutorial b) get a copy of the CSS, get a copy of the forum's source code and make the skin in an html editor.

I am just offering a friendly hand, if you say no, its less work for me and my staff. :p

They come with a script to convert the database. It's just a case of whether you're comfortable doing anything like that, along with the skinning and getting used to the new software.

I recently converted my board from an ezboard to a php board, then to an invision board. The php was a mid step only because there was no conversion option from ezboard to invision! It all went totally smoothly. (of course we are much smaller than here, just over 10k posts transferred)

I personally don't get the whole skins thing, but I'm weird that way...

Most reactions

Back