Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
eagle-2.jpg

eagle-3.jpg

Eagle-4.jpg

eagle-one.jpg

Love them all, but especially #2. Unique and cool.

Nice capture,.#2 is the cleanest the rest look like they are very soft with lots of noise.

They were all shot at ISO 1250...low-low light. Did the best in PP I could to get a semblance of a higher sun.

Strange, used to seeing properly exposed and sharp images from @bulldurham . They are better than I could do but surprised at the quality considering the history.

Strange, used to seeing properly exposed and sharp images from @bulldurham . They are better than I could do but surprised at the quality considering the history.

Bad light, high ISO, slow shutter, but they were too good to pass up. Some of the later shots that I'll post later were in better light.

Bad light, high ISO, slow shutter, but they were too good to pass up. Some of the later shots that I'll post later were in better light.
Cool, started to worry if everything was ok.

A noisy eagle shot is better than no eagle shot. What are you using for noise reduction? I've found Topaz Denoise to be a real shot saver. I like the cool pose in #4 like he's about to do a cliff dive.

Love eagles... they all seem to have such personalities about them! The last one I think is the best... the others either have a little noise (High ISO setting are a pain!) or are a little ever exposed in places. :)

I just use NIK's noise reducer. If I could just buy the Topaz de-noiser, I'd get that as I have seen how well it does. All de-noising programs are going to soften the image a tad so it is why I use them sparingly.

As to being a little over-exposed - eh, they are flying into the sun and while I'd love to tell you I can always dial in the exact exposure or get it all back in PP, I'd be lying as would most everyone on here. These aren't Nat Geo material, they're strictly to shoot, process and share.

Birds never sit where there is perfect light! That is one of the reasons I have so few bird shots, (also why I have to envy yours ;p) all mine seen to sit right were they are backlight and you can't see anything but a vague bird shape. sigh...

I just use NIK's noise reducer. If I could just buy the Topaz de-noiser, I'd get that as I have seen how well it does. All de-noising programs are going to soften the image a tad so it is why I use them sparingly.

Check the week of Thanksgiving. I got a sweet deal a few years ago on the whole Topaz set of software on Black Friday.

Most reactions

Back