Found a folder titled: Pretty pictures...

pmsnel

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was digging around on my USB stick and found a folder titled Pretty pictures....
Just wanted to share my personal favorites. Do not look at the grainy quality of some of them, because they are actually scans of analog pictures from the good old days...

#1 - London (scan)
Londen02.jpg

#2 - Texel, small island of the coast of Holland (scan)
Texel977.jpg

#3 - Finland, some building in Helsinki (scan)
Finland02gebouw.jpg

#4 - Just a tree covered in frost
Winterfoto04.jpg

First three are really nice, I think the grain adds to the character of the shot.

Thanks! Some are actually quite old. The one of the beach is from 1997.

Here are some more:

#5 - A beach in Finland (scan)
Finland02meer.jpg

#6 - A turtle (picture I took when I was 6 years old and hangs on my living room wall, scan)
Schildpad91.jpg

#7 - The Duomo in Florence (scan)
Florence03duomo.jpg

i am lovin #6 although i must admit i didn't see the turtle until u mentioned it :)

:lol:
The turtle was in a pond in front of a tiger enclosure in the zoo. And I insisted on taking a picture of the tiny turtle instead of the huge tiger behind it!
The print on my wall is actually 50X100 cm, which compensates for the size of the turtle!

Found some more:
#8: Towerbridge in London
London01Towerbridge.jpg

#9: A church in Leuven, Belgium
Leuven08Kerk.jpg

#10: Bird on the patio in Curacao.
Curacao05vogel2.jpg

EDIT: Just saw that the last picture turned out so much darker after I stuck it in Photobucket... And I know my sea is escaping to the right, but I am currently on the university computers, and now possibility what so ever to edit it...

Love the beach photo.

grain in film =good
noise in digital=no good.

I love the shots. esp the london bridge.

grain in film =good
noise in digital=no good.

I love the shots. esp the london bridge.

Thanks! But what are you saying? Do I have grain or noise now??;)

The grainy appearance was a completely unforeseen side effect to a small project for my class. I had to show something about myself. So I started digging through all my photo's. A lot of the shots are actually digital, but I couldn't find the files so I scanned them in.

I will remember this for other pictures too. It's a easy post processing job, when you don't have PS!:lol:

Most reactions

Back