found a "gem" film camera story

The K1000's they're not that cheap actually compared to some old SLR's. I've looked. I've thought about it pretty hard actually. A Pentax in nice shape and good working order can go for a pretty penny on auction from what I've seen.

That all depends on your price range, where you look, and what you're trying to buy

I bought a K1000 in perfect condition with the 50mm f2.0 lens for only 40 EUR from a flea market... It's amazing what you can find if you keep your eyes open...

I've seen them for $200 on KEH too, but they don't always have them (I was going to buy one from KEH before I lucked onto mine at the flea market)

I

I'm told you can even use some of the old lenses with a Pentax DSLR with an adapter. The good Pentax SLR's not so cheap, but I've seen a lot of old Pentax lenses going for practically nothing and if they are usable that's a sensible thing to do, get Pentax stuff for both.

Yes... I have a Samsung GX-1L (Pentax *ist rebrand) and a Panasonic G1 which are both adapted to K-mounts and M42. The K-mounts on Pentax DSLRs almost work just like they would on early film K-mount cameras as the linkage for the aperture diaphragm is still included with the current DSLR design. In general, I'll use the G1 with M42 Takumars and the Samsung with the K-mounts.

It's not a K1000 but I just added a nice Pentax SP1 to my gear plus some Super Takumar lenses. Got it gratis no less! I'm giggling a bit. I was thinking pretty hard and there it was for the asking, no raiding the DSLR funds involved. Yay!

welcome to film!! you will never look back on it with anything other than wonderful memories - i promise you!

And, I didn't know they got heavier than this.

Haha! you should try picking up my Zenit 11!

Awesome score! Taking the 35mm plunge myself, I love my DSLR but nothing compares to film.

Most reactions

Back