Found Family Fotographs

Ruining

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Well, it's been a very long time since I've been on this board. I was digging around in one of my mom's old photo bins and came across these two. Everytime I look at these, they strike a bunch of emotion. I didn't really know the people in the first shot, but they are distant great, great relatives, circa 1950. The second is my aunt and uncle around 1980, and it says so much.

l_da9aba831c3ba6254ae104049a1a32f3.jpg

l_292664614af8dcf7a966f5fa3ec3c913.jpg

I didn't take them, but please let me know what you think!

Hey, I think the rule here is that if you're posting photos that you did NOT take, then you can only post them as links (not the actual image, like you did).

But besides that, isn't it always interesting to come across old family photographs? These are very emotional, and the first looks like something out of an old movie. The dad, the girl, the dog. Sitting out in the cornfield, the wind in their faces....
....anyhow.

These are very nice, and the film graininess [obviously] suits them nicely. But I suggest changing them to links or at least not posting them in any of the galleries. There might be a place in 'Photo themes' for old, emotional photos like these, you can PM a mod and ask them to move the thread instead of posting a new one. :thumbup:

I'll PM a mod tomorrow. I need to get to sleep now, but I would assume that the rule is for photos that are already on the net. I own these photos, so I didn't think there would be a rule that would apply.

Thanks for the comments. I'm glad to know that the emotional impact isn't just because they are my relatives.

Most reactions

Back