Found the 1st picture taken with my DSLR

ottor

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
First picture ever using my Canon 450D and good ol' kit 18-55mm.. Opened the box and went to a cemetary close by..

3883403948_6a9da2b405_b.jpg

keep at it! i have no idea what your photo is, so, it does nothing for me.. i can tell you were going to the "artsy" thing, but, when I cant even tell what it is, it's not for me.

Awesome DOF though! It's always fun trying to get a good DOF with a kit lens, but you did it well..

, but, when I cant even tell what it is, it's not for me..
Are you sporting a lack of imagination?

Well done otter on your very first shot. I like it but would do some cloning of the distracting bits.

its very possible... i did just take my percocets 30 mins ago, and they are kicking in..

in looking at your website.. i was under the wrong impression when I saw the photo/title ... I thought you were saying this was the first photo you "ever" took.. but, I think i was wrong.. I'm thinking that it must have just been the first photo you took with that camera..?

its very possible... i did just take my percocets 30 mins ago, and they are kicking in..

in looking at your website.. i was under the wrong impression when I saw the photo/title ... I thought you were saying this was the first photo you "ever" took.. but, I think i was wrong.. I'm thinking that it must have just been the first photo you took with that camera..?

Awww, I thought for sure that my explanation would give a clue... "I went to a CEMETERY close by".. :mrgreen::mrgreen: It's just a larger monument in front, with a traditional headstone in the background.. And - believe me when I say that I had absolutely NO IDEA what "Depth of field" even was at that time!!!

You can almost say that this is the first "Photograph" I've ever taken ... I believe it was last November .. Before that, I was your normal "Point and shoot" and Walmart "Throwaway" guy... Just snapping pics at B-Days and other family events.. A friend of mine who passed away last summer was very into photography, and after his untimely death, I thought I'd check it out and see what was so interesting about it that he'd spend every non-working moment shooting pictures.. I got hooked, and bought the Rebel XSI just before Christmas.. Anything you see on my website was taken after my purchase of this camera.. Everything I've learned and put to use in those photographs, I've learned in the last 10 months - reading TONS and subscribing to forums like this.. I just turned 63 yrs old, and I really wish I had started this when I was 20.. I've come to love this hobby as much as Adrian did, and when I found this picture, I thought I'd share it. :D I've almost taken over Adrian's' passion, taking out the camera whenever I'm not at work!! I play blues guitar, and oil paint landscapes, so my wife convinced me to open a website, and I put some of my photographs up on it ... to my amazement, I'm actually selling some! A university professor in Hawaii just purchased close to $250 of pictures and I have no idea where she found my website !! I think I've learned a lot in 10 months, and I owe it to a wonderful group of folks on this forum! I only hope to get much better, and perhaps retire in a couple of years with a hobby that just might pay for my health insurance .... :lmao::lmao::lmao:

Anyway, I have this pic up on my wall only because it's the first "Photograph" I've ever really taken - in the style of that artsy, funny, compassionate and generous old fool - Adrian.. (Who, by the way, would give B.B.King a run for his money on guitar !!)

tks,

awesome story ottor! and even more awesome that your able to carry on a good friends passions, and love them the same way!

Keep it up! you're doing a great job! My first photo I ever took was so lame, that I don't even think I kept it...

Most reactions

Back