fountain

Discussion in 'Critique Forum Archives' started by Nebis, Jun 23, 2005.

1. Nebis

Nebis TPF Noob!

im very new at photography and this is about my 3 attempt. Be as harsh as you want because that will help me learn so here it is..
    i was going for a real peaceful feeling yet has a artsy side. i wanted as much detail as possible in the focused area. i cant recall what aperature or shutter speed i used because i dont know how to use my light meter :grumpy: . but i used a maxxum 7000i film camera.
    [​IMG]

2. Hertz van Rental

Hertz van Rental TPF Noob!

Please read the guidelines for posting:
    http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23315
    Some information with the picture will allow others to give you a useful crit.
    Some info regarding equipment and exposure.
    Information about any post processing.
    Some idea as to what your intentions were when you took the picture. What was it you were trying to do or say?

3. Nebis

Nebis TPF Noob!

sorry.. edited. i didnt know if the 150 kb rule applyed to this because its a link and not a direct picture. tell me and ill change it if it still applys

4. JohnMF

JohnMF TPF Noob!

composition wise i would have moved the frame slightly to the right a bit more so that you had less empty space to the left of the gutter/waterpipe thing, this would have also put the bit were the water meets the puddle as more of a focal point, i feel this would be the most interesting part of the photgraph.

As for the concept of peaceful, i think your probibly on the right track, water can translate mood/emotion quite powerfully. I think it might have been a tad too aggressive to fully represent peaceful.

I really like the colours, they have a warm, sunny peaceful feel to them.

I think for your 3rd attempt youve done quite well and shown that youve put some thought into what youve tried to acheive