Carnation:
_DSC7555.jpg

Orchid:
_DSC7546-Edit.jpg

Abstract Lily:
_DSC7577.jpg

Backyard (HDR):
_DSC7606_5_4_3_2_tonemapped.jpg

Critique and comments greatly appreciated. Thanks for looking.

I LOVE your work!! The first one is a great perspective, really like that one :D I really love the hdr too! I dunno, can't say enough nice things about these, great work!

I'm not too fond of your HDR.. too "messy" for me I guess.

Your crocus and orchid shots are great though, nice work.

1,2 and 3 are good shots. I can't work no:4 out of what it is, maybe it just too close. The last one is not anywhere near my taste sorry so I can't comment.

I really like the HDR for some reason. I think I like the grunginess and grainyness and mood of it

The first two seem a little dark to me. Or the background at least does, I guess it was the flash. It's just me (apparently), but I don't like the looks of it.

...so no, it's not too close.
Ha, I laughed at that. The lily and the HDR are my favs here. Nice job.

EDIT:
Ha, I laughed at that.
Did that sound mean? It wasn't supposed to. I laughed at the response, not the idea for the image. Like I said, I liked it.

The first two seem a little dark to me. Or the background at least does, I guess it was the flash. It's just me (apparently), but I don't like the looks of it.

Ha, I laughed at that. The lily and the HDR are my favs here. Nice job.

EDIT:
Did that sound mean? It wasn't supposed to. I laughed at the response, not the idea for the image. Like I said, I liked it.

The background in the first two are dark, that's a technique for isolating a subject. Or at least, it's the technique that I chose to use. It's personal preference I guess. Thanks for the comments.

awesome... I love the contrast in the last picture...

I'm going up to Maine next week to open up my summer house for the year...

it looks like there isn't any snow left...? I truly hope not.

I'm a fan of the first two, the abstract lily one is kinda hard to wrap my mind around and I'm just not feeling the graininess and the color of the HDR. Your PP is looking awesome though, good work.

awesome... I love the contrast in the last picture...

I'm going up to Maine next week to open up my summer house for the year...

it looks like there isn't any snow left...? I truly hope not.

Yeah, the snow is pretty much gone. Some left in the woods. But, you know, don't worry about that. Haha. Thanks for the comments.

I'm a fan of the first two, the abstract lily one is kinda hard to wrap my mind around and I'm just not feeling the graininess and the color of the HDR. Your PP is looking awesome though, good work.

Thank you. I try abstract shots every so often, and they usually don't work out, but I liked this lily one. I'm starting to find a post-processing groove, I think. But, I'm sure I'll find a new style soon.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back