voodoocat

))<>((
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.voodoocat.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Captured this one a couple of weeks ago. Forgot all about it.
Used the channel mixer to convert to b&w. Highpass sharpening.

4peakslarge.jpg

wow.

love it bro. love it. something about the desert in black and white that makes me go crazy

md

gorgeous!!! great great great! Lovely shapes! Lovely edges... lovely photo. Great job voodoo

Wow, I love it in black and white!!!
Do you have other frames from this series?
The shadow in the foreground is a bit distracting for me.

hey voods sublime shot - you have been holdin' back on us. High pass filter? You might have to explain that one a bit! I am enamoured by the blackness of the mountains - are they backlit by the sun setting? Its wicked cool mate!

This is a really striking shot, The contrast is perfect!

I can write up a little tutorial...
but basically you duplicate the image into a new layer. Set the blending mode to overlay and run the high pass filter (filter > other > high pass) between 8-10 is what I use. Then adjust the opacity to your liking. I find between 20-40% to work with most of the photos.

Wow, nice! I don't check this section often enough. It seems that I'm missing out. I like the b&w version more. The contrast really stands out in that one.

The highpass filter gives it a nice look but, in my opinion, it also gives it kind of a plastic look. It looks a little too smooth as opposed to fine sharpness. Don't get me wrong, it's not a bad look just pointing out the difference I noticed.

Most reactions

Back