Four Recents For C&C

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by MikeBookPro, Sep 22, 2009.

1. MikeBookPro

MikeBookPro TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    I've been shooting a lot over the past week or so, and wanted to get some thoughts on some of the shots. My thoughts included, as usual. Please let me know what you think, how they could be improved, etc. Thanks!

I don't really have any thoughts on this one, although I wish I had an ultra-wide, so I could grab the same angle but with head to toe in view.
    [​IMG]

This is a spot at the park where I really feel like there's a cool shot to be found, but I don't feel like I've nailed it yet. She was talking to my wife, and just happened to glance at the camera while I was composing the shot of her talking.
    [​IMG]

This is one the one from my Photoshop thread the other day. I like it, and don't have much to say about it, I guess.
    [​IMG]

Feels a hair soft, but I like this one, otherwise. Could be too heavy on the PP, but I really wanted it to pop.
    [​IMG]

2. g-fi

g-fi TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I like #1 and #4 the best, but I gotta say, dude doesn't have the most attractive nostrils in the world lol. I think #1 would be a little more powerful with either him looking down or reframed so that you are not shooting straight up his nose. It's a good b/w edit for my tastes though!

I really like #4, she's super cute and you've captured a slice of her personality well!

#3 lacks a little too much contrast or something for me. You've cropped fingers (which I do all the time, it's so easy to miss), and their expressions are so serious, almost sad! With this sort of pp'ing, I think adding in some texture makes it look good, otherwise I'm not much of a fan of the colors.

#2 The angle just doesnt feel right to me, I agree that there is a really cool shot somewhere with these elements, but I don't think this is it. Whatever you're shooting through or behind is too distracting if the woman is the focus, and it's kinda dark. But I think the elements of the monkey rings or whatever is leading off through the top of the picture has some potential to it. I love playgrounds just for that reason, often you can find some cool repeating shapes to play with. I think it's the fact that the ring or whatever you're shooting through cuts her off right through the torso that turns me off a little.

Cool pics though!

3. MikeBookPro

MikeBookPro TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Any other thoughts?