Fox at my front door!

K_Pugh

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
This (little) fat fox must have gotten the fright of its life after my dog chased it into the corner of the garden.. Never touched it, friendly dog, friendly fox, that was that.. I took my dog back inside and then came back out and gave the fox some bread. Got a few shots, too. :)

fox2.jpg

fox1.jpg

fox3.jpg

fox4.jpg

D200, 50mm 1.8, SB-600 bounced off the house wall.

*registers himself on the offical jealous list*
Darn that it lucky - great shooting as well, the first 3 shots made me think at first it was a model of a fox with that depth of field and detail.
Definatly luck to have the fox come to you and to hang about as well! though next time you need some meat for him ;)

yup I still can't believe he stayed around after my stupid mutt chased him! Luckily my 50mm was on at the time, shot at F2.8 for most shots IIRC, maybe F4 at first. Bouncing the flash off the house worked quite well, luckily my house is white! lol..

I might put the lottery on on wednesday..

those apertures surprise me - generally for things like foxes shooting face on I find f5.6 a better range simply because of the length of their noses in relation to the rest of their face - though my most my shooting is without flash during the day - I suppose your distance from him and the flash changed things a little.
Still a very friendly fox which probably means a youngish townfox - carefull or he could become a regular visiter (unless you want that ;))

Wow. He now loves you! Look at him in 3!!! This is what my cat looks like when she wants something, like more food or being pet or so!

I'd be alarmed if there were a "tame" fox anywhere near me, but then I've only read the other day that there is no known case of rabies in all of Lower-Saxony, and from what I know, there's not a single case of rabies on "your island", either. So that is not what made him "tame".

Would I need to tell you that this is astonishingly good photography?
Ah. No.
You know it is.

I think 1 or 2 is my favorite. I really like the use of the flash very nicely done! and number 3 is very cute as well!

Exelent shots!! You did a great job!

Funny story, I saw a fox a couple of weeks ago. I was at my hunting property in middle TN. He came right up by me as I was sitting in the outhouse (seems to be the story of my life). I've got some great photos in my head though. I believe we are allowed to see some things that are ment for just us and not to be shared. Anyway great shots.

Wow! What amazing shots. I am impressed that the fox was up for a little photo shoot after being chased by a dog. You did a great job capturing him.

Those are incredible! As was mentioned it looks more like a very controlled shoot.. great job under the excitement you no doubt felt at the time!

-Shea

What a thrill to have a 'wild' animal so close, and so cooperative while you took shots of it. As the previous posters have said, great work getting such sharp detail in all the excitement of the moment.

The lottery thing might be a good idea. What a wonderful series of images, very well done.

Mac,

:thumbup::thumbup: These are some dang schweet images. WEll done.

Spectacular set! The one that I like the least is #2, and I love it. Numbers 1 & 3 are lostprophet-quality stuff.

Most reactions

Back