Foxgloves

KonicaKyle

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Took these yesterday in the shiny irish sunshine with my shiny new camera :)

DSC_0056-1.jpg

2. I took the above and decreased the brightness and midtones in Paintshop, and came up with this. Let me know what you think... i like it, but to a more trained eye it could look awful!

Foxglove.jpg

3.Spotted this little insect on one of them too...

DSC_0075.jpg

Well, with this one I much prefer the original to your PaintShopPro'ed version.
As far as composition of this first photo is concerned, it would have been nicer to give the "bells" of that flower room to "look into". In other words, the framing is very tight, and part of the "bells" even got cropped off, and that on the side of the image to where they "look". You ought to have left out the background on the left but added some more on the right, that's what I want to say.

Also to move the camera a bit further right in the second, so that the flower would be more in the left vertical third of your frame, bowing into the middle, would have helped composition.

Next time, for I think the foxgloves will stay out and blooming for yet another while, won't they? ;)

Thanks for the tips :)

I'll head outside and take a few more here I think. It's sunny 2 days in a row actually :lol:. Best to make the most of it!

Well I tried again... Tried to fit the whole plant in, and gave it somewhere to "look into". Any more suggestions? I'm willing to go out again and again! :)
45July20061172.jpg

That's a neat one.
Now if they are still there and the sun is still out, you might want to try many a thing with your camera, like getting as close as your lens allows you to go and get close-ups of the insides of those "bells", for example, or trying to get so low that the sky only will be your background (you might have to lie flat on your back for that one, maybe?) ... those are two off-hand ideas that are springing to mind right now.

Thanks...

My concern about that picture is that there is perhaps too much greenage in the background. It would be a much nicer photo if the flower was set against a backdrop of just a field, or something a little further away than that hedge. However I suppose I can't expect the perfect photo to be on my doorstep!
I'll see what I can do with some close ups I think.

The most annoying thing around my house is the overhead electricity wire, which made a cameo appearance in this photo. That wire has ruined many a photo for me :(

Most reactions

New Topics

Back