Fractures - printing on glass; has anyone tried this?

Yup just read through the terms.
Basically they guarantee they will print something on glass and ship it. If anything goes wrong with colour, your fault. Broken, your responsibility.
I wonder if these guys are a government agency ? lol

it seems like you're licensing usage to them of your photos for their promotional use.
You mean a royalty-free, worldwide, license that has no end date, that allows them to reproduce and distribute your images for promotional and marketing purposes. :confused-55:

User Images and Content; Limited Licensed to Fracture. Fracture does not claim any permanent ownership of your Images or any other User Content you submit or make available for inclusion on the Service. However, by providing and uploading any Images or other User Content you grant to Fracture a royalty-free, worldwide, transferable limited license to: (i) host, display and organize the Images and User Content for operation and display of the Service; (ii) use, modify, reproduce and distribute your Images as necessary for fulfillment of your order and creation of Fractures based on your Image; and (iii) to reproduce and distribute your Images or images of the final product created from an Image for promotional and marketing purposes of Fracture, including inclusion in Fracture’s portfolio and product gallery. This license includes the Service, Fracture Site and any other sites owned, operated or affiliated with Fracture. Unless you have registered with Fracture to sell your Images on Fractures through the Service as an Artist, we will not resell or license your Images or User Content to any third party for commercial purposes without your consent.​

Yep, from now til doomsday, or they go out of business, whichever comes first! lol And it includes any other site affiliated with Fractures (like the one that is in the Netherlands or UK or wherever?). At least it says they won't resell for commercial use anyway, without permission. Nice of 'em! lol they should be licensing photos from the photographer - and paying or compensating the photographer - for usage for marketing purposes (for business/commercial use to promote their business).

Kind of makes you wish you could send them media that would self destruct after so many days

Last edited:
it seems like you're licensing usage to them of your photos for their promotional use.
You mean a royalty-free, worldwide, license that has no end date, that allows them to reproduce and distribute your images for promotional and marketing purposes. :confused-55:

User Images and Content; Limited Licensed to Fracture. Fracture does not claim any permanent ownership of your Images or any other User Content you submit or make available for inclusion on the Service. However, by providing and uploading any Images or other User Content you grant to Fracture a royalty-free, worldwide, transferable limited license to: (i) host, display and organize the Images and User Content for operation and display of the Service; (ii) use, modify, reproduce and distribute your Images as necessary for fulfillment of your order and creation of Fractures based on your Image; and (iii) to reproduce and distribute your Images or images of the final product created from an Image for promotional and marketing purposes of Fracture, including inclusion in Fracture’s portfolio and product gallery. This license includes the Service, Fracture Site and any other sites owned, operated or affiliated with Fracture. Unless you have registered with Fracture to sell your Images on Fractures through the Service as an Artist, we will not resell or license your Images or User Content to any third party for commercial purposes without your consent.​
Allllllllll-righty. Won't be shopping with them any time soon!

Smokey, that'd put a whole new meaning to the term glass blowing.

I wonder how much different it looks from a photo behind glass, being printed on the back of the glass? With these things I suppose getting the smallest sized one just to try it would be a way to see how it turns out. Too bad it isn't possible to see one first in a shop, online it's hard to tell sometimes what you'd get or who you're dealing with. If there are red flags, I'd be reluctant on it but that's me I guess.

At least it says they won't resell for commercial use anyway, without permission. Nice of 'em! lol
Well, in their defense, they can change the terms at any time without notifying you, so they could just change it to avoid needing your permission, right? :victorious:

Yep.

This company might be legit, I just have to wonder why they're hooked up with another company who is from someplace other than they seem to be at first look. (The giveaway was to keep putting a + in front of their phone number which seemed to have a NY area code - red flag that they aren't actually a US company.)

While not necessarily the same, many years ago, a young lady/artist did a caricature of our oldest daughter on the "back side" of glass. I remember it did add a certain "depth" to the image.

here's a cheaper investment over glass: Acrylic Prints | Prints On Acrylic

I've used this place a few times to buy frames, I had them print some 20x24 image and frame it for me cause I was lazy and I wasn't overall happy with the print -- ill probably redo it in real paper.

Most reactions

Back