framing and matting

I'd like to see printing/matting/framing as well

What sort of thing would you expect to see in a matting and framing section?

I've put a lot of pictures on walls with a bunch of methods. It just doesn't seem like a 'question rich' area. The tools, methods, and materials are pretty standard.

Start a discussion, though! It's an area I enjoy and know some stuff about. Maybe I'm wrong and there's a ton of great stuff to talk about. If there is, I think proving it by doing it would be a great start to getting a separate forum set up for it.

I cut my own mats, but I don't make frames.

I print my own photos from my canon pixma pro 100. So the largest print I have done is 13"x19". I have also matted that print in a 24"x18" frame using my Logan mat cutter. I find it rewarding to print and mat my own work.
There was a time when I too was searching TPF for matting information with no results to be found. With that said, a quick internet search gave me my answer and I havent looked back.

I cut my own mats with a Logan mat cutter also, and occasionally make a frame from scratch, though they're really nothing special. I even made a DIY router table that uses my Dremel tool to help me with the frame-making, but it's really not something I focus a lot of attention, time or energy to. Usually, I just buy the frames.

I'd be interested to follow a thread from others who want to share tips and info.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back