Freddie-Sue Bridge

Destin

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is the Frederick Douglass-Susan B. Anthony Memorial Bridge in Rochester, New York. Known by locals as the Freddie-Sue.

Took this photo this morning at 6:30, just a few minutes before sunrise.

FreddieSue-1-X3.jpg

I'm thinking that I would like it a bit lighter - I know, it's sunrise - but I would like to have seen a bit more detail in the bridge.

WesternGuy

Last edited:
I'm thinking that I would like ti a bit lighter - I know, it's sunrise - but I would like to have seen a bit more detail in the bridge.

WesternGuy

I actually shot a brighter version of this and tried all different kinds of edits to make it look better because I felt the same way. But there is a very ugly log jam under the bridge about 30 feet this side of it, and adding any kind of exposure to the bridge either made the logs the focal point or looked unnatural because the bridge was brighter and its reflection didn't match.

I'm thinking that I would like ti a bit lighter - I know, it's sunrise - but I would like to have seen a bit more detail in the bridge.

WesternGuy

Here's a quick re-edit.. done on my girlfriend's uncalibrated macbook so no promises on how it turned out.

FreddieSue_Re-Edit-2-X3.jpg

That first image is really nice...did you shoot this with your new D750?:D

I do like the second one a bit better. I can also understand how you feel about the "log jam", but it should be possible to "cover it up", or mask out the effect of lightening up the image. I would add a layer to lighten it and then mask out the effect where the log jam is, at least that is what I would try. Alternatively, if you have the Nik plugins (they are free), you might try and lighten parts of it using Viveza.

WesternGuy

Last edited:
Very nice.

It looks a little too blue/cool to me?

I probably would have done something a bit warmer/ethereal with the image.

This was edited on my phone, so sorry if it looks wonky.

Snapseed.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back