Free FTP server set up if you guys want to upload

rasheemo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ok im making this topic official in case anyone needs this...

Storage quota is 2GB but i can increase that should you guys need to:

• FTP Username: [email protected]
  • Password: photo1
  • FTP Server: ftp.brawlnews.com
  • FTP Server Port: 21
  • Quota: 2000 MB
use cuteFTP or another free program to login. or use internet explorer and navigate to the FTP server URL

your images will appear in the list here:
http://www.brawlnews.com/guest/

the server/host is ftp.brawlnews.com in case the program asks

you can create subdirectories if you want, i don't really mind. just dont go TOO crazy =]

No offense, you sound like you're legit, and I'm guessing you sincerely are trying to offer help and be nice,

but being that no one has any idea who you are, especially since you're a new poster on these forums, how do we know you aren't trying to steal high-quality resolution photographs?

(Again, don't take this personally, but given the circumstances I think it's a legitimate question)

i guess it's fair to ask since that problem does arise sometimes.

i guess i can give you my background of who I am and what i'm about and you can make your judgement from there.

I'm currently 19 years old, and will be a sophomore at Rutgers University in New Jersey, US. I've always loved abstract art and beautiful photography, but never really pursued it due to insufficient hardware and a lack of knowledge.

my deviantart page is here. As you can see, i've been a member of that place since 2005 and only have 3 submissions.

One day as i sat in my cubicle at work, i decided that i really wanted to pursue photography as a hobby, because it's just so much fun. But my budget was only about 500 dollars. If you've been on this forum for the past few days I finally (with the help of members of this forum) ordered an XT from adorama, along with a few other starter items.

I know basics about photography, having taken a class in high school and reading up on various things so that i am prepared for when my camera finally gets here.

My point is that i don't plan on making photography a profession but i think it's a wonderful hobby and although stealing high-resolution photographs never came to mind when i set up the FTP you have every right to be wary of putting your photos up there.

I certainly have no intention of stealing anything, however i cannot make that guarantee for any other member on the forum.

and also, if my purpose was to steal photos, i wouldn't be posting this in the beginner section =]

Most reactions

Back