No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this EN
Website
www.lensmeister.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi people,

I was wondering if anyone knew of a free program to log all the photos, films, and information we all use.

I am running Windows XP so most things will run (with a tweekt here and there).

Thanks for any info.... what doea everyone else use ?

Ahh I'm not quite sure what you want. Can you give us an example?

Ok I was vague. :confused:

Currently I have all the films I have used listed in a large book, numbered 001, 002, 003 etc.

in another book listed under film 001 are the frame numbers and a short description.

What I need is something that I can type all these in to one database and search for the photo I want. that's the basic version.

if there is such a thing a small thumbnail of the photo would be helpful in the database too.

Hmmm I have no idea. If you know how to use Microsoft Access that could work I guess. But i dunno too much about it and how easy it is to search with.

Lensmeister said:
Cheers Hertz ... and of course meysha ...

I have Access and I do dabble in the odd bit of Visual Basic POrogramming ... maybe I might try to knock something together .

If you make something...or find something good...send it to me...

I use film factory as my photo index/contact sheet filer. You can see all the thumbnails of you pix, rename them anything you want and sort them in rolls, which actually makes a folder for you pix to live on your hard drive. You can do slide shows as well. Nice program.

I got the program free with my printer software. You may be able to DL it from the net if you do a search.

As Hertz suggests, tucows is probably the best place to get free/share software and they have a huge collection dedicated to image software.

The only other way I can think you'd be able to do it easily, would be to use PS to generate some thumbnail images and then use Access or VB to create a flat-file database to give each picture a record with keywords, attributes etc. I would think that there are plenty of programs out there that do this automatically though.

Rob

Most reactions

Back