Free Lightroom Tutorials?

Discussion in 'Digital Discussion & Q&A' started by Cinka, Jan 3, 2010.

1. Cinka

Cinka TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I'm just getting into Lightroom, I'm pretty sure I'm going to buy - only recently delving into the 30 day trial. So far, I really like it. Ive been searching for video tutorials and finding tons of paid sites. Are there any good, free ones out there? I mean, besides YouTube?

~K

2. HotWire

HotWire TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I dont know however I can tell you that lightroom 3 beta is running and you can download and use it until april for free, so you might as well go from there instead of dropping the cash on the 2nd version now. I am just starting using it but it seems ok. I just dont think it can do what I want it to do as easily as lets say photoshop. It actually seems a little less user friendly than its big bro. Kinda strange huh... I may just grab elements myself.

3. Cinka

Cinka TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I read on the Adobe site that the 3 beta won't allow you to import your setting, presets, or catalogs. Sort of pointless at this point. The free trial for 2 ends in about a week and I've already come to rely on it...guess I'm buying it and then upgrading to 3.

Any word on what the upgrade might cost?

4. Garbz

Garbz No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Lightroom Secrets is a good place to start. It's not a tutorial as much as a hints and tips website. There really is no "tutorial" as such for processing a RAW since everyone sees their art differently. However with the help of those hints you can easily unlock the full potential of your stuff.