Free Skype minutes to call landlines! Yippee!

Meysha

still being picky Vicky
Reaction score
Website
vickywall.deviantart.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I know there's a few skype users out there in tpf land and thought you guys might like to know about this.

If you do have skype you prolly don't go to their website all that often. But by chance I visited today and they're giving away free SkypeOut minutes for today only. So that means you can call normal land lines or mobiles in USA, Canada, Europe, Australia and a bunch of other places for free. Wow! :shock:

Problem is, they're only giving out 20 cents worth of calls. Which is about 17 minutes of land line talk - but not much of mobile talk (unless you're in canada and it's the same as a landline then).

I'm sorry... I'm so excited! I've been meaning to by a SkypeOut account for a while now coz it's so cheap... and now I've tried it out and I'm definately going to get one.

So to make this a legit post, I guess I'd better ask who else uses a sort of phone over internet thing for everyday use? ;-)

my uncle bought it but well... I'm not so amazed with the sound quality. When he callse me there's something like "double" voice. his voice is delayed a bit and I hear him... twice :/ I prefer this free skype where you can chat via PC only :p

I've been tempted to set up a Skype account for a while I just need to get a headset. :)
Give me time, give me time....

Mentos, is he using a headset, or just a microphone and his speakers? That could just be the echo from the speakers.

I think I've only had a little bit of echo stuff all year. And I've used it a lot. I have to admit though... free skype is awesome.

Thanks Meysha, i use skype quite alot, but never to a land line, a bonus! Wonder if it will be any use, and mentos, yeah, ask your uncle if he talks with his speakers on, because i know too well how annoying that echo is :lol:

he uses headset... with speakers I hear... triple sound :p

What's even cooler is that skypeout is now totally free in the USA and Canada. Woo! :D

To answer Meysha's question, at my home we use Vonage service for our normal phone lines. It works quite well, and they give you a lot for your money.

pretty cool its free in north america when calling north america...but ony to the end of the year...enough to get ya hooked :lol: it is good...tho I find the sound quality is not consistent.
I just tried skypeout from my comp to a mobile overseas and the quality was better than comp-to-comp!

I'm a full-fledged Skype-r! Look me up, my username is mattybass.

free skypeout = MEGA PRANK CALLS ANONYMOUSLY! :lol:

can't you do all this with msn now?

msn audio is low quality.

skype, no matter where you are in the world, it's like a designated voice chat like msn. now you can make landline calls around north america to actual phones. It's phone quality, too. I always call up my friend from his house and it sounds more clear than a regular phone sometimes! :p MSN is buggy, it never works with me and the quality is terrible

Most reactions

Back