Free web domains/site?

I agree with those earlier. If you're considering using a website for professional purposes then purchase the stinking domain name. If nothing else it's 9 bucks a year which is less than 1 dollar a month. From there you have hosting which is probably about 5 dollars a month, so in all having a website online costs all of 6 bucks a month, or one maybe two trips to taco bell per month. Who cares if you don't make money, it's not that big of a sacrifice.

Even if you don't want to purchase your own hosting you can still use a blogger site (I think blogspot works for this) and have blogger point to your domain. Thus they are still viewing the images from yoursite.com and all it is costing you is the 1 dollar a month for your own domain name.

If you don't need your own domain name I would just do a photo blog (if you don't want a flickr or something). If you can attract people to becoming regular readers and you update frequently it may make it easier to start making money and booking gigs in the future.

Might as well go Wordpress or Blogspot for a photo blog; at the least, another photoblog site hoster.

In terms of domains, you're being unrealistic. $9 per month is good, not hard to find. The only ever free stuff you'll get is sub-domains (eg, xxx.xxx.com/info, etc.).

As for 'other domains than .com that are free', no, no domains are free without some offer here and there.

check out yola. not bad and its free

Most reactions

Back