Freeing up hard drive space - throw aways?

I use to keep everything, but after going through my stuff, I realized I had a lot of redundant images. Kept the sharpest and canned the rest. I follow the "Quality over Quantity" school of thought, so the ones that do not make the grade get trashed. Given there are exceptions to those "once-in-a-lifetime" moments that I will keep. Software has improved and will continue to do so, but a bad shot is still a bad shot. I rarely alter any of my images, but if you do alot of digital imaging, I suppose holding on to everything may have its perks.

i have an external 200GB hard drive that i got a few years ago, i use this for everything from my photos to my school work, in my opinion the best thing to do is to get a separate external drive just for photography, it's what im planning to do before i go to university in sept., being a big music fan my original external is filled up with 100+GB's of music and im dreading the day it gets filled and i won't be able to put any more photos/music on it...

i say you buy an external for your photography, as has been said, they're really cheap, especially in the Media Markt stores, been lkeeping my eye on a 500GB for 80 euros...

i have an external 200GB hard drive that i got a few years ago, i use this for everything from my photos to my school work, in my opinion the best thing to do is to get a separate external drive just for photography, it's what im planning to do before i go to university in sept., being a big music fan my original external is filled up with 100+GB's of music and im dreading the day it gets filled and i won't be able to put any more photos/music on it...

i say you buy an external for your photography, as has been said, they're really cheap, especially in the Media Markt stores, been lkeeping my eye on a 500GB for 80 euros...

Dude you better make a copy of that drive. That's a huge risk

of my original 200GB?

although losing the music would suck its not my biggest worry, my work and photos are bigger as if i lose photos or work i wont be able to get it back, whilst music i'll be able to rip my cd collection again..

that said i've been crapping my pants about that external for a while! haha the on/off switch hasn't been very stable and its been a couple of times when i've thought it had died, its just the switch though and might get another

Yes, it is better to have your work backup.

There are only 2 type of hard drives in the world.

1. Drive that is dead.
2. Drive that is going to die.:lol:

Cull photos? Blasphemy!

I have three locations for my photos.

1) Burned on DVD
2) On desktop hard drive
3) On 500 GB external hard drive

All my photos taken, good or bad, are backed up in triplicate.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back