Freezing Rain

thats the 3rd time today ive heard about thsi freezing rain stuff.
id never heard of it before!!!

weird north americans

i got VERY BADLY sunburnt while Sean was here, too vonn and fadingaway. i couldnt even walk it was so bad!

manda said:
thats the 3rd time today ive heard about thsi freezing rain stuff.
id never heard of it before!!!

weird north americans

i got VERY BADLY sunburnt while Sean was here, too vonn and fadingaway. i couldnt even walk it was so bad!

I couldnt sleep... I was burnt both front and back... do you know how hard it is to sleep when you are burnt both sides. and you wake up - and your pyjamas are covered in puss from the blisters that have burst... (Which, I must say, happened the night I was burnt, because I was so badly burnt - I blistered within hours of getting home...)

and mum came in to check on me when she got home from work and i was asleep... and the next day - I had another fundraising thing to do... and I was waiting for the shower - and almost passed out from being so dehydrated...

Oh well... I got over the sunburn...

... and then i got school sores.. (actually the photo I posted was at the hospital - thats the day my cousin was born (not the one standing next to me))... and the next day I broke out in school sores... (Oh did I mention this was during the school holidays?) the whole holidays I was sick...

argh. I blame in on school for having holidays...

now school sores are fun... they come out in these big rings that are full of puss. and they pop - and then you get puss everywhere... fun... I went to the doctor - and hes like - the only thing you can do is not cover them... and im like - umm... when i don't cover them - I get puss everywhere..... he didn't get it...

Uhhh

I'm sure you all wanted to know that...

:D

fadingaway1986 said:
aww thats a bit sad for me...

or should i be happy that you can tell im a girl from my photo? lol :)
I assume everyone's a bloke until I know otherwise. Sometimes it's best to still be suspicious anyway. ;)

fadingaway1986 said:
vonnagy said:
sorry bout that orie, i am suffering from a severe case of sunburn here. I am pink, grrrr i hate pink :x

Awww aren't sunburns yucky?

Here's a photo from when I got very badly burnt (in 2002).. I got burnt on the 5th, this photo was taken on the 13th...

Picture_0005.jpg

That photo was well done..... :lol: gawd I crack myself up :)

Seriously though, when I moved to Guam I got burned so bad that I spent a week in bed covered in vaseline and wet towels. That sucked. so I can sort of relate.

As an aside, is it me or are all Australian women apparently hot? (no pun intended... this time)

Wow :shock: that sunburn looks evil, fadingaway!!! I'm betting you don't leave the house now without tons of sunscreen on ya!! :wink:

Mindy!!! Stay inside and be safe - freezing rain is a drag, but it IS a good excuse to play with the Vivitar. :wink:

As long as I end up in a good taco Im happy ;)

Mate, yah dont need to say just kidding, I may be young, but I know you wouldnt set me alight.
Even if yah did, I just hug yah, im sure youd get a great burn then :D

Man, that's a seriously evil burn, fading! Yesh, even over a week later that just looks painful. :(

So our lessons from this thread, kiddies... you can't do a darn thing about freezing rain, but wear your sunscreen when you're in Australia! (or anywhere sunny really, but all the sunburn stories were aussies...)

Well. I was very angry after that day...
I bought suncream especially for it... and I bought the Cancer Council stuff (thinking they should know what they're talking about...) and I got burnt... grrr...

WHen I went fundraising the next day - I had to RUN between the car and the shopping centre - because being out in the sun for like five seconds was sooooo painful...

I suppose that could be why i don't like summer?

(oh - you could always carry a jug of boiling water to pour on the road to melt the freezing rain? But I suppose that would just ice up more?)

fadingaway1986 said:
(oh - you could always carry a jug of boiling water to pour on the road to melt the freezing rain? But I suppose that would just ice up more?)

Thats pretty much how I got into my car, not boiling water but really hot water. Works well, and while it does ice up again it is much thinner and easily broken

I've never had sun burn. Nerr nerr ne nerr nerr. :razz:

I think the most I've been is a very very light pink across my nose and forehead. They do say than any change in colour is a sign of sunburn. But I class being bright red and/or painful as being burnt.

Hot water and cold cars isn't a good idea. Use cold water. Hot freezes up just as quickly and has the added bonus of shattering windows. Oh, and squirt some oil into your locks to stop them from freezing.

vonnagy said:
sorry bout that orie, i am suffering from a severe case of sunburn here. I am pink, grrrr i hate pink :x
In the context of this string, are complaining or braging?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back