French Church, C&C please

Mazzarooney

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
We recently had a holiday in France and this church was in the village where we stayed. Not sure about the composition in #1! Would I have been better to take #2 when the sun had moved?

France2009037.jpg

France2009033.jpg

I am going to be completely honest here:

1. What i thought could have been improved on: the framing of the shot was a little too cluttered. It was hard to determine what was the subject of the shot. It obstructed the church. Maybe go for a little better framing next time?

2. It was underexposed, and the hill really detracted away from the subject. I know you cant remove a hill, but was there another angle that would have suited the shot better?

just my two cents worth. =)

Agree with Wilma's points. One thing that might have worked well would have been to wait and position yourself to get the sun just peaking through the opening above the bell, and then use a couple of speedlights to increase the illumination of the front of the church.

I am going to be completely honest here:

1. What i thought could have been improved on: the framing of the shot was a little too cluttered. It was hard to determine what was the subject of the shot. It obstructed the church. Maybe go for a little better framing next time?

2. It was underexposed, and the hill really detracted away from the subject. I know you cant remove a hill, but was there another angle that would have suited the shot better?

just my two cents worth. =)

Maybe #1 would have been better as a landscape shot with the church slightly to the right of the frame?

x2 for waiting for the right sun on #2 or shoot whats on the other side of the building

Most reactions

Back