Fresh Eyes

Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
What is your technique for post processing in terms of getting feedback from others before showing to a client? Do you have one person whose opinion matters more, or you value, or you know is very knowledgable? Do you post cross forums, or just this one perhaps? Do you just trust your own judgement?

For me, I know I have to give pictures at least 3 or 4 days with fresh eyes each day viewing. I find that I may love a picture on day 1, but by day 3 see something that needs improving and i"ll improve it, or sometimes I'll decide that I just can't stand it at all and toss it.

I do like to post some things here, and I do trust my own judgement on many things also.

But I wondered.. how do others go about it? Thanks for sharing any insight you have :) :heart::thumbup:

I generally trust my own judgement because I have had a considerable amount of experience in judging photos and having my own judged in competitions.

I also use the enhance photo menu option in PaintShop Pro Photo X2 which does a number of "fixes" at once. The result may not be what I want, but it can indicate problem areas such as colour or lighting.

Often any that I post are photos where..when I add up the strengths and weaknesses of the photo I can't decide which side wins: the positives or the negatives. I also wonder whether viewers are seeing the same strengths and weaknesses that I am seeing.

skieur

Thanks for replying! I guess I should learn to trust myself more, but I find that 3-4 days after a shot I've taken, I can find a dislike for. Sometimes a strong dislike for. Guess its just how my brain processes things.

i trust my own instinct and you should too your website is really good.

bordering on excellent pics

Thanks for replying! I guess I should learn to trust myself more, but I find that 3-4 days after a shot I've taken, I can find a dislike for. Sometimes a strong dislike for. Guess its just how my brain processes things.
I do that, but only because I get bored with them. One of the reasons I edit right away. Otherwise I won't ever do it. I have a short attention span. lol! I'll be extatic about the photos I just took, then a few days later I'm bored and ready for some new ones.

i trust my own instinct and you should too your website is really good.

bordering on excellent pics

well, thank you.

I do that, but only because I get bored with them. One of the reasons I edit right away. Otherwise I won't ever do it. I have a short attention span. lol! I'll be extatic about the photos I just took, then a few days later I'm bored and ready for some new ones.

That's me too!

I also have to edit them right away or they get filed under no-mans-land. I take comments form people here, family, friends and the subjects or parents of the subjects if its a portrait. Most of the time I have a pretty good grasp on the quality of a photo, but sometimes I love something that no one else does and sometimes I really dont like what I did, feeling too perfectionist (most common issue) and its good to get a reality check.

Most reactions

Back