Fresh of the press first from my E-500

Tyson

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.tls-photo.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Ok guys what is the deal with the color, I am new to DSLR.

Olympus E-500
Olympus 14-45mm
No filter costs $70 OMG

Field.jpg

Out.jpg

colour looks fine to me, calibrate your monitor, adjust your camera settings for a little more sat and away ya go.

Check your white balance settings on your camera. You could help it along with software - mind me editing your pic? I can show you. It looks OK though there ain't much wrong with the colour.

Dare I suggest Rule of thirds... Draw a naughts and crosses (Tic Tac Toe ?) board on the screen (Mentaly). And where the lines intersect, put your point of interest there.. also in depth.. Foreground, Middle ground and back ground...
Diagonals lead to "Stressing" an image and flat square shapes stabalise.. a line leading into an image will lead the eye to the subject....

NOW.. go out , look for stuff, and take pictures of it....

britonk said:
Check your white balance settings on your camera. You could help it along with software - mind me editing your pic? I can show you. It looks OK though there ain't much wrong with the colour.

Edit away, I don't mind at all.

I work 3rd shift and had been out christmas shopping all morning so I was bushed. My rule of thirds was thinking of covering 2/3 of the bed for 2/3 of the day.

my screen is calibrated .. and the colours really don't look very vivid and there seems to be a slight colour cast... maybe whitebalnce is an issue, but also it was maybe just one of those days with dull light ;)

I am new her and i hate to ask but do you guy Photoshop everything???
Does anyone just take pictures anymore????

Tyson said:
I am new her and i hate to ask but do you guy Photoshop everything???
Does anyone just take pictures anymore????

;), here we go....

*waits on a heated debate about PS and what is considered 'just pictures'*

pascal

Serious digital photographers that don't post process are very few and far between.

Those pictures are good composition wise, but if you took them into photoshop and adjusted the levels, they would look much better. Here is what I would do with them; everybody has different tastes, but this would be my approach.

Field.jpg

Field2.jpg

this applies to the idea of photography as art.

hardly anyone has ever "just taken pictures" thats generally for amatures, even purists did alot in the darkroom. photoshop is the new darkroom. its a juggling act, the darkroom time versus camera time, or even camera importance to darkroom importance. the camera is only one tool of photography, and to leave it at that completly neglects the idea of pictorialism.

while many people have had other people do their prints, or not felt like it was important to photography. those people were also known to be really hard to work for. they would get mad and rip up prints they weren't happy with . . . because it didn't look like they felt it should.

then again, for alot of photographers printing was out of their hands (newspaper and magazine guys) and alot of those people didn't care because it wasn't about art, it was about righting what was wrong, and showing the world what is really going on

i see photoshop, or even more so RAW converters as the digital darkroom. and you would be amazed how much work pros spent and still do spend in their darkroom to get the optimum image ... in particular in wildlife and landscape photography ... you won't see a single National Geographic cover which is not fiddled around with in the darkroom I suppose.

Most reactions

Back