Friday afternoon in Kristiansund Harbour

petchy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I nipped out to grab lunch today, leaving my camera behind in the office. Today we had the kind of light I love, it had just been raining and it was overcast so the clouds were like nature's diffuser filtering the light of the sun that was struggling to emerge. We really do get alot of amazing light conditions in this town. :D

So, our offices are right on the harbour front, and around noon I nipped out for lunch, leaving my camera behind in the office. Of course I then see this ship I'd love to take a photo of and think "typical, I've missed my chance". But I was in luck, and when I left work this afternoon the ship was still there and so was the light.

So here she is - OGS Explora:

OGSExplora.jpg

What I liked most was the contrast of the rust against the white hull of the ship, accented by the deep eggyolk-yellow of the rail.

I tried a black & white version as well:

OGSExploraBW.jpg

Comments most welcome :D

The rusty stains and the "eggyolk yellow" of the rail go all lost in the b&w conversion, and if precisely that was what had attracted your eye, I think you should leave the photo in colour. Or - in truer words - I prefer the colour version ;). (Subjective thing). Nice walk in nice weather to some nice views - show us some more of your town, will you?

The rusty stains and the "eggyolk yellow" of the rail go all lost in the b&w conversion, and if precisely that was what had attracted your eye, I think you should leave the photo in colour. Or - in truer words - I prefer the colour version ;). (Subjective thing). Nice walk in nice weather to some nice views - show us some more of your town, will you?

Yeah I like the colour version better as well :D I know a white area on the sunny side of the hull is a bit burnt out, but for some reason it doesn't bother me that much...

And yes I will show you a few more photos of my town right now in fact, off to post a few shots I got while I took my little boy out for a walk...

Most reactions

Back