Friendly Foes above the Falls

AIRIC

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.airic.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This is the name of an airshow I covered over the weekend featuring WWII fighter aircraft. Despite two days of heavy cloud we had an excellent day yesterday and finally did the photoshoot I anticipated. The first aircraft is a very rare Me-109 “Emil” flown by German pilot Walter Eichhorn. The second aircraft is a Mk IX Spitfire flown by British pilot John Romain and the third aircraft is also flown by another British pilot Alan Walker. An air-to-air photoshoot is only as good as the pilots and these, along with my pilot Kent Beckham from Ontario, are some of the very best in the world.

ff2536.jpg

BF2490.jpg

spit2627.jpg

Hurri2631.jpg

Hope you enjoy and I will try to check in over the next few days but it looks like I will not have much spare time over the next few weeks.

Happy Landings,

Eric

Wow Airic. I dont know how you do it. These are just amazing. The first one, really needs to be framed. Awesome work my friend.!!!!!

Hey!!
I see I came back just in time. Love the air work you do. Frickin amazing.

Beautiful photos :thumbsup:

awesome my man! the first is way cool Eric! no fighting tigers i see?

Here's the answer to my question that I put in JonMikal's latest thread:

"Here da planes!" :D

The first is among the best air-to-air formation flight photos I have ever seen. Such a wonderful diagonal line --- and Walter Eichhorn is quite famous here in Germany!

LaFoto said:
Here's the answer to my question that I put in JonMikal's latest thread:

"Here da planes!" :D

The first is among the best air-to-air formation flight photos I have ever seen. Such a wonderful diagonal line --- and Walter Eichhorn is quite famous here in Germany!

Walter is a great guy and flew the 109 like I have never seen. Watching these three guys was pure heaven as they did their airshow routine. It was a great event.

Cruzin, Third plane is a Hurricane.

Raymond, We considered the falls but there are a lot of restrictions and the 109 had over-heating issues so we pretty much stayed over the field.

Halologist, Mickey Mouse is the whole reason this person owns the aircraft. The owner of these three aircraft is an architect and Disney stole one of his designs and he won a lawsuit against Disney. This was the first aircraft he purchased so he put a fighting Mickey on the nose.

Thanks for all the comments.

Eric

the story of mickey mouse is really cool...that adds alot....thanks airic...
the shots are just awesome...your so talented....!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back