Friendly Smile

poopingfish

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Friend and I were skateing up the street from here, and I snapped a couple fun pictures. This wasnt planned and I didnt really take time to setup a great shot although it turned out okay. I just wish the focus was more on Will then the cars. :grumpy:

willsmilede2.jpg

White balance is off.

It's also over exposed I think.

a lil bit over exposed ,
try less iso or try make it black and white + more shadows

willsmilede2editjpgvq6.jpg

you said it's ok to edit your photos so i played a little, i think it's impossible to save the background, and i liked this crop better, both are just my preference :D

read some threads on exposure, it will give you an idea how to get a lot more out of your pictures and make them look a lot better.

composition is snapshot-ish.

did you pay attention to the composition, or was it just a snapshot?

It was a quick point and shoot, completely unplanned shot.
We were taking pics of each other skating. I used a shutter of 125 or so and iso of I think 400 in manual with focal 28 I think.

Logan I love what you did, I didnt bother cropping it or anything really.
What all did you do? Adjust color and levels, or something else?

And anything else you guys would suggest for taking skate pics? I usually need atleast a shutter of 1/200 but when its cloudy thats hard to do withoue an iso of 800+. How do I control exposure exactly to get a good result in general enviroments?

Here is a collage I did in PS kinda quickly didnt PP any of the other photos
willfiftyfinalaj4.jpg

Oh, and Ive checked out some stuff on exposure but its hard to judge and the LCD screen isnt very accurate so I have a very little idea of what its going to look like.

Heres another containing no cropping but some color adjustment of one of the kids following us getting mad at one of his friends. Its another quick snap.

admadph4.jpg

hes cute can i have his number....jk jk, i like it, it looks like its from the 70s or something

I used PS CS3 and i'll post it step by step.
1.) Crop
2.) Image>Adjustments>Auto Levels (you can see a big change already)
3.) Image>Adjustments>Auto Color
4.) Filter>Sharpen>Unsharp Mask "Amount 25%, Radius 3.0px, Threshold 3
5.)Layer>Duplicate Layer, then Image Adjustments>Gradient Map, Then Use a Black to White Gradient (usually the default) then hit ok.
6.) Set the top layer (black and white) to luminosity in the blending style/option
7.) Set the "opacity" of the black and white layer to whatever you want. I'm not sure but i think i used around 30
8... i did some other things i wish i remembered what, but they made the colors more rich, sorry this is a major step too. lol maybe someone knows..
EDIT ok i think i might of first. Merge both layers, then duplicate the layer that you get from merging, then set that layer to "Multiply" and move the opacity to whatever you want i probably used around 40-50.

I know the Auto Adjustments seem kinda noobie but I like them, and if I ever don't like the change they make I just undo them or do it manually. Sharpening it add's a cool effect and the gradient map darks it a bit while keep all the colors, there maybe other methods to doing that.

Hope this helps!

Ah thanks logan. Never wouldve used a gradient map or anything.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back