friends....at the bar

Discussion in 'People Photography' started by MightyLeeMoon, Sep 18, 2008.

1. MightyLeeMoon

MightyLeeMoon TPF Noob!

Just a few hanging out with some friends at the bar...

shawn
    [​IMG]
    chandler
    [​IMG]
    Leigh Ann
    [​IMG]

2. kundalini

kundalini Been spending a lot of time on here!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    #1 & 2 seem to be very noisy, but could be a compression thing with the upload.

#3 baffles me on how she is holding the cue in her shooting hand. Also, IMO it would be better to have her right hand in focus rather than the nine ball.

Just my 2ยข.

3. Corry

Corry Flirtacious and Bodacious Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I got the impression that the first two were purposely grainy but I could be wrong there.

I think I'd like the first one better if it were ever so slightly less closely cropped.

4. MightyLeeMoon

MightyLeeMoon TPF Noob!

Thanks guys.

#1 and #2...I was sitting right next to them with the 50mm 1.8 in dimly lit areas. So...neither is cropped...it's just that I was right on top of them. :)

The graininess is also due to just super low light level. I opened up the lens to 1.8 and slowed down the speed as best I could...even moving the ISO to 400. So...they got the noise going on. I tend to not mind noise..as sometimes it just gives a gritty type feel.

Kundalini...I was aiming more to have her face in focuse as opposed to the ball vs the hand. But...you know the first thing she said to me when she saw that? "Why is my hand all blurry?" :wink:

5. ArtPhotography

ArtPhotography TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I like the candidness of the shots, capturing real people in real places not posing for the camera.

In a lot of the pool shots I've seen it's very common to have the hand in focus and not the face, though that probably would have bothered her too. Maybe it's just my perception, but the photo feels a little off, like it's been rotated a degree or two to the left. Overall, I like what you're doing here.

6. Senor Hound

Senor Hound TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    The graininess of the first two gives it a more bar-like feel to me. Don't ask why. But it works.

The last photo doesn't so much have the nine-ball in focus as it does her face, which it should. The nine ball just happened to be the same distance from the camera as her head.