friends....at the bar

MightyLeeMoon

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.transmissionfields.com
Just a few hanging out with some friends at the bar...

shawn
l_111ca830c541590ae6d1edbd4b38cead.jpg

chandler
l_9899610b34b99f5eb436ac7049ddf834.jpg

Leigh Ann
l_d79db9abca7d53defc3c6ab4b04d9c21.jpg

#1 & 2 seem to be very noisy, but could be a compression thing with the upload.

#3 baffles me on how she is holding the cue in her shooting hand. Also, IMO it would be better to have her right hand in focus rather than the nine ball.

Just my 2¢.

I got the impression that the first two were purposely grainy but I could be wrong there.

I think I'd like the first one better if it were ever so slightly less closely cropped.

Thanks guys.

#1 and #2...I was sitting right next to them with the 50mm 1.8 in dimly lit areas. So...neither is cropped...it's just that I was right on top of them. :)

The graininess is also due to just super low light level. I opened up the lens to 1.8 and slowed down the speed as best I could...even moving the ISO to 400. So...they got the noise going on. I tend to not mind noise..as sometimes it just gives a gritty type feel.

Kundalini...I was aiming more to have her face in focuse as opposed to the ball vs the hand. But...you know the first thing she said to me when she saw that? "Why is my hand all blurry?" :wink:

I like the candidness of the shots, capturing real people in real places not posing for the camera.

In a lot of the pool shots I've seen it's very common to have the hand in focus and not the face, though that probably would have bothered her too. Maybe it's just my perception, but the photo feels a little off, like it's been rotated a degree or two to the left. Overall, I like what you're doing here.

The graininess of the first two gives it a more bar-like feel to me. Don't ask why. But it works.

The last photo doesn't so much have the nine-ball in focus as it does her face, which it should. The nine ball just happened to be the same distance from the camera as her head.

Most reactions

Back