Friend's Car

dirty1thirdee

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I took these photos of my friends car, and I thought they came out pretty good for the 5 rushed minutes that we were there.

I didn't have any equipment with me except for my D70s and 18-70mm lens, so shooting these were a little difficult. C&C welcome.

dirty1thirdee said:
I took these photos of my friends car, and I thought they came out pretty good for the 5 rushed minutes that we were there.

I didn't have any equipment with me except for my D70s and 18-70mm lens, so shooting these were a little difficult. C&C welcome.

So, what would you have done differently, given a choice of equipment?

Well, for one I would have used a tripod so I could have a better choice of angles other than what a curb and some stairs provided. I would have placed a flash off to the side of the car to get better lighting on it and to show the contour of the hood.

Thanks for the comments!

I was going to crop out the bottom and left sides on the first one, but I kinda like it how it is.

In the first, the primary subject gets a little lost since the car (and it is about the CAR, this photo, isn't it) is all in the shadows plus it is a bit small, BUT ... I still like this photo best of all.
This may have two reasons:
a) car photos don't talk to me as much as they do to others and
b) composition, chosen aperture, exposure and buildings in that first one look so nice! :D
Therefore - and you have already come to the same conclusion - I would not touch that one at all, I would forget ALL about cropping! It is good as it is! (It just isn't a Photo Of The Car ;)).

Most reactions

Back