friend's engagement pix

choudhrysaab

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'd be more than happy to get constructive criticism on these pictures.
(please no negative comments towards the couple) =)

3717781126_b4f5f7af47_o.jpg

3716966881_78758b84f6_o.jpg

3716966683_bbbc403ec4_o.jpg

3716966573_59afc56485_o.jpg

3716966337_bda2492522_o.jpg

3716966287_ff5ac5152b_o.jpg

Last edited:
Some of the images look soft...are you going for a soft look?

Shot number 5 (please number your shots next time) doesn't work because you can see the waterline/horizon. Horizon should be straight or the picture will look weird and bug the viewer.

well, not bad, but with the exception of perhaps #1 there is nothing really telling me that this is an engagement shoot.

#2 has a lot of dead space at the top of the frame, I would like this more with her taking more of the frame, or more of her in the frame.
#3 looks a little under exposed, I like the emotion of the shot though
#5 looks a little blah to me. The colors just don't pop very much. I think with a little bit of PP work it could be greatly improved. And of course the horizon is tilted and his shoe is cut off
#6 I like this one, maybe if you could brighten his face just a tad, or at least his eyes that may help.

I think that #1,3,6 might all have looked better in a portrait orientation.

I think you did a great job capturing their smiles. The first thing that sticks out for me would be number one. I think it would have been nicer if his eyes were focused on what she was looking at instead of looking down at something different.

Thanx Nate ... the "problem" with this couple is that they're very Friendly and asking them to even hold their hands was TOO much of work for me. The time when I had asked them to give me a "mushy" pose their bodies felt very stiff and totally unnatural.

That green bouey...or however you spell it lol, in picture 5 is really distracting as it comes out of his shoulder. Maybe clone it out? The pictures are pretty good imo. Not the engagement lovey dovey pictures that I like to see though. But I understand what you said about them becoming awkward and look weird with the "mushy" stuff.

From what I've seen, read, and witnessed, I think the awkwardness would have been that you asked for a mushy pose. Rather had you almost sculpted them into a way you wanted to photograph them (ie put your hand on his face, and wrap your arm around her stomach, etc.)

Just some suggestions.;)

yeah, I can definitely see the connection that's not a problem at all there are good smiles between the two. It can be quite difficult to work with clients (I think even harder with friends sometimes) and get them to feel comfortable in front of the camera.

I like the variety of shots you got. I think I like 3 the most. It feels the most 'alive' to me and I can tell how happy the couple are to be with one another.

Quick question. Why would someone make negative comments about the couple. JW

Getting to know the client before hand with the camera might help. Go out for dinner, bring the camera, and just leave it on the table and don't shoot with it. Just having it there, and associating it with a comfortable setting (eating at a decent restaurant) will get them accustomed to you having the camera with you, and will make it a little less intimidating. It works for these two. (Don't think it says so on the site; I just know a photog who knows those two and he shared that little tidbit of advice.)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back