Friends

Discussion in 'Critique Forum Archives' started by DramaDork626, Sep 7, 2005.

1. DramaDork626

DramaDork626 TPF Noob!

Olympus digital, outoor (duh), this was taken on a cloudy day, which is why the lighting is a little blah.
    I liked this one cuz it portrays alot of different emotions and thoughts. Thats me, my friend Tom(the boy), and my friend Lissy (in the front). Anyways, i wanna know if theres anything I can do to improve ze coloring?
    [​IMG]

2. Vmann

Vmann TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    As for the color it doesn't look to bad. Maybe brighten it slightly in the shadows and I would remove just a tad of the red that is showing through on your friends faces.

3. phat1985

phat1985 TPF Noob!

Interesting that one girl has a sad face and the other is happy. I like to see a little bit more legs of the happy girl. If not, then crop the image below the happy face girl waist, because it's distracting to see her sitting like that. This is a great outdoor photo. Maybe less contrast...

4. elsapo

elsapo TPF Noob!

Take some of the blue out of it, just slightly, I think. Try warming it up. Move it to B&W might be a better option.

5. eydryan

eydryan TPF Noob!

the colours indeed are good. only thing better would be to remove them :D maybe bw would change the tune because besides the expressions, it looks kinda dull. but i agree with phat1985. the pose is distracting. honestly.

6. dannygirl

dannygirl TPF Noob!

I adore this picture It reminds me of my friends. You can tell in each one of the persons faces what there personality is like.:D

7. Corry

Corry Flirtacious and Bodacious Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I'm not a huge fan of the crop...I think a different crop would make it more interesting to me...though at this moment, I can't exactly think of a crop suggestion....and you can barely see the kid in back, and part of his head is cropped off. I do like the idea you were after here. One other nitpik is the background...I keep looking at the diagonal line from the roof of that building.

I'd suggest a re-shoot, and don't crop it in so tight...that way you can experiment with crops...as it is, there isn't much you can do.

8. ksmattfish

ksmattfish Now 100% DC - not as cool as I once was, but still

Photos NOT OK to edit
    It looks really cool, colorwise, on my monitor. I'd warm it up somehow, or go with BW.

Simplify the background. I really like the triangle arrangement of the subjects' faces. I think the guy should be farther from the edge, and get a little better placement. If you're going to crop that close to a face it might be better if they were looking into the frame, and other faces were close to teh edge. I think a horizontal crop might work best for the arrangment in this photo. Make the pose taller and tighter for a vertical.

9. Soraiden

Soraiden TPF Noob!

I basically am in agreement with a few of the suggestions/opinions. The girl in the front is a bit... crotchy(?) The roof in the background is distracting from your friends.

I definitely like the concept... and it reminds me of my silly friends, as well.

10. DramaDork626

DramaDork626 TPF Noob!

Crotchy...interesting hehe.

11. eydryan

eydryan TPF Noob!

indeed the right word :D