Frist Moon Shot...

TDSapp

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
OK, I was out getting in a little pratice before the lunar eclipse in two days. The first two times I tried to get moon shots it turned into just a white blob on the screen. I tried again and still the same results.

So now I did a little research and found out what I was doing wrong. I kept thinking, like so many others, that since it was dark I needed a longer exposure. How wrong was that?!?!?! So here is what I was able to get tonight.

Any suggestions? I did have to pull some of the blue out of the shot with Lightroom.

Moon_Aug26_Cropped.jpg

Tim

Try to do a custom white balance while you're out there with a sheet of regular paper. Also, that isn't too bad... I think it looks a little too centered for my liking, but you can always crop it around since it's surrounded in black anyways. I like how you can see on the left side where it's half light/half shadow kinda.

Try to do a custom white balance while you're out there with a sheet of regular paper. Also, that isn't too bad... I think it looks a little too centered for my liking, but you can always crop it around since it's surrounded in black anyways. I like how you can see on the left side where it's half light/half shadow kinda.

That actually is a crop so I could get it into Photobucket. I can easly move it over.

Tim

Most reactions

Back