Frog

Dmitri

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
3562173584_81aa18e8e8_o.jpg

C&C always appreciated :)

Good lighting there - I have taken shots without a polarizer, but I was working in way too bright light and just got all sun reflections - unlike this where you have great smooth water and a sharp reflection of the frog!

Beautiful shot. Love the reflection. What lens did you use? I can never seem to get close enough, even with the 75-300 to get a nice shot without them jumping out of sight.

Carol I find with frogs and such if you approach really quietly and stay so that you don't create a shadow on the water you can often get rather close to the frogs - but often they feel/see us and hide. Just get comfy and seated and wait - chances are they will come back in not too much time and you can get the shots - its all about waiting for them

Carol I find with frogs and such if you approach really quietly and stay so that you don't create a shadow on the water you can often get rather close to the frogs - but often they feel/see us and hide. Just get comfy and seated and wait - chances are they will come back in not too much time and you can get the shots - its all about waiting for them

Thanks - guess I have to work on my patience skills. :lol:

Simply Awesome....excellent job!

Thanks alot! High praise from you :)

Overread said:
Good lighting there - I have taken shots without a polarizer, but I was working in way too bright light and just got all sun reflections - unlike this where you have great smooth water and a sharp reflection of the frog!

Thank you. I didn't use a polarizer on this shot. :)

malicky said:
Great very nice Gz
Al-Wazeer said:
beautiful shot, the reflection really makes the photo interesting!
RichieRich said:
I like this shot! Especially the reflection

Thanks Thanks and Thanks :mrgreen:

Dagwood56 said:
Beautiful shot. Love the reflection. What lens did you use? I can never seem to get close enough, even with the 75-300 to get a nice shot without them jumping out of sight.

I was using my 55-250. I had gone there to try to get some photos of baby geese, but I was too late. While I was walking towards where the nest had been, I heard a plop in the water and there was the frog. They will usually just sit there, as some animals also, and stay very still as a protection instinct. As long as you just go slow and don't act like you're about to pounce on them, they should stay nice and calm... In theory ;)

One of my favourites of yours that I've seen here (along with the one with the benches and the green sky).

I've nominated the photogenic frog, by the way.

One of my favourites of yours that I've seen here (along with the one with the benches and the green sky).

I've nominated the photogenic frog, by the way.

Well wow, thanks! My first nomnom :mrgreen::mrgreen:

Love the eye reflection! Terrrific :)

Frogtastic!! :thumbup::thumbup:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back