From a recent advertising shoot for a billboard....

Discussion in 'The Professional Gallery' started by Jeepnut28, Feb 2, 2007.

1. Jeepnut28

Jeepnut28 TPF Noob!

I wouldn't mess with her.

[​IMG]

2. DocFrankenstein

DocFrankenstein Clinically Insane?

I wouldn't mess either.

I'm going through a similar thing soon. Would you share your impressions of the whole business with us?

3. Jeepnut28

Jeepnut28 TPF Noob!

I am finding that there is a segment of businesses that cannot afford high dollar photographers, but have a need for good quality photos to use in advertisements. I am an account executive for a an advertising firm, so alot of my colleagues and counterparts sell my services in when they are helping their clients plan an ad campaign. I am charging between $250 and $300 per shoot and providing my images for use solely in the ad we are shooting for. If they want to use the photos elsewhere we renegotiate that.

I do have a creative director that works with me that creates the final product. I like this because it is just a short walk up the stairs to manage the quality all the way from the shoot to the final product. If I weren't in the position I am in now, I think it would be alot harder to market myself as a local advertising photographer. I make sure I produce good images, and I also make sure that I promote my images through networking in the local ad community.

It seems to be working slowly, I have three weddings booked for 2007 so far, a couple more local advertising shoots scheduled as well as a shoot for a local musicians album cover (nervous about this one). My advice would be to promote, promote, promote. Show your images to anyone that may have an interest, dont count on any immediate sales but wait until your networking contacts have a need.

I would also join a local leads group or tips group. This will get others in your group promoting and suggesting you.