From landscapes to people

benpsut

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey all! Just like the title states, I've started my interest in this photo world with landscapes. Mostly rail photography, actually all rail photography. Check it out :

RailPictures.Net Photo: Uknown Norfolk Southern GE C40-9W (Dash 9-40CW) at Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania by Ben Sutton
RailPictures.Net Photo: unknown Norfolk Southern unknown at Gallitzin, Pennsylvania by Ben Sutton
RailPictures.Net Photo: NS 6306 Norfolk Southern EMD SD40-E at Gallitzin, Pennsylvania by Ben Sutton
RailPictures.Net Photo: unknown Norfolk Southern unknown at Gallitzin, Pennsylvania by Ben Sutton
RailPictures.Net Photo: unknown Norfolk Southern GE C40-9W (Dash 9-40CW) at Gallitzin, Pennsylvania by Ben Sutton

Those are just a few. To check out my whole published gallery check this link out

RailPictures.Net » Photo Search Result

Rail photography isn't my only passion, ANYTHING photography is my passion. When I'm not working or glassing the rails, I'm shooting various things. Recently though, I've been facinated with people. Such as this only shot I have from a recent shoot this Monday. The rest of the shots? Some dummy (me) forgot to protect every image after taking the shot and went to "delete all" with my fumbling fingers when clearing some test shots. What do you have for suggestions when shooting people? How to direct them, how to make them feel comfortable, etc. What sort of compositions work and don't work? Luckily this was my best friend, so it was pertty easy to work with him. Thanks in advance,

Ben

pittsburghross1.jpg

You have some nice rail photos B!

Wow I looked at your links, fantastic photographs man. I really like the rail line weaving in and out of the tree's with the light illuminating the forest.
5858.1250554662.jpg

You really should post these in the landscape forums.

Wow I looked at your links, fantastic photographs man. I really like the rail line weaving in and out of the tree's with the light illuminating the forest.
5858.1250554662.jpg

You really should post these in the landscape forums.

WHOA!!! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

very good shots! from where did you shot? it seems you were in the woods at midnight ;)

very good shots! from where did you shot? it seems you were in the woods at midnight ;)

It's not always easy getting a great shot. Not only do you have to fight through the technical aspects of recording the image, hiking/biking/staying up until all hours of the night, yields great results. My best work from that railroad trip was dragging myself out of bed at 3 in the morning to catch the sun over the mountains and the fog in the valley, and then staying up until at least 1 or 2 in the morning the next day to get the night shots. Thank you all for the comments!

Ben

Most reactions

New Topics

Back