From little old England

Alyx

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi Guys, I have ended up here as I have had a really frustrating day, I have been attempting to set up a portrait business since September last year but I just keep hitting problem after problem ! At present I have the unfinished front page of a website,and web designer gone AWOL, no blog, lots of pictures, a spyder that I am not sure I have calibrated properly, test prints ready to go but shop closed, half a price list and total confusion about albums ! I started this with so much enthusiasm but its ebbing away, I really do want to do this, I love taking pictures and I'm not bad at it, that's what I want to spend my time learning more of but there is so much else bogging me down . Does everyone get to this sort of point before they take off or am I just not cut out for it? :( I had expected to be up and running now, I shot my first real paying client last week and it gave me a huge boost but now I feel so defeated.

Hello and welcome Alyx

So, you want to start a business and have no issues, and "live happily ever after"

It is time to wake up!

If it was easy, you would never have a shot, as more people than already are would be at this.

You need to be persistant, persevere and keep plugging away at this.

Steel yourself to the FACT that this endeavor is going to be very hard work with bumps in the road. You have to be willing to climb over each and every bump with the realization that you are getting one step closer to your goal each time. :mrgreen:

Without that attitude, you do not have a shot.

"Failure is just one step closer to success"

Good luck, and keep up a great attitude.

Most reactions

Back