From Nikon D60 to D5100

goodguy

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
While on a trip to New York I took few days ago I had a scare, for a second I thought something happened to my camera, luckily it was ok but going on a trip and not having a camera scared me enough to promise myself the moment I come back home I will replace my old D60 for something I can really trust as a backup camera.
Don't get me wrong the D60 is a camera that is very capable as long as you have good lighting but try to take it above 800ISO and you can pretty much throw away the picture.
So I went to my local camera store and asked to see what they have used, the 2 cameras that caught my eye were D5000 and D5100.
After a quick debate with myself I decided to get the D5100, it was more expensive but so much more capable then the D5000.
Took it for a quick test run and I was really impressed, 6400ISO and you still get very usable files, not far from the my old D7100.
From now on when I go on big trips it will come with me, yes it will be left in the hotel but if anything god forbid happens to my D750 for at least I will know I have a good camera to use for the rest of the trip.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back