From the 1st day of Spring: Good Buzz

Rathbone

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
rathbone.eprofile.us
All the creepy crawlies I like aren't out yet (why am I seeing butterflies and no caterpillars?) but I'm hanging around anything that blooms and getting lots of bee shots. As you can tell I have a thing for the action shots, nothing better than to get a shot of an insect as it takes off and being lucky enough to have it halfway in focus!

rs_bloombeeDSC_0387.jpg

rs_bloombeeDSC_0327.jpg

rs_bloombeeDSC_0335.jpg

rs_bzDSC_0352.jpg

Not in action, but I like the lighting

rs_bzzDSC_0211.jpg

rs_bzzDSC_0215b.jpg

I think you did a good job with the flying bee. It's not easy to capture a bee like that.

Nothing special, just my 55-200mm Nikkor lens. I might get clearer shots with amacro lens, but I started using this one last year when I was taking bee pics and for the obvious reasons didn't want to get too close :)

Lovely bee-in-flight photos!
I have never so far managed to take one like these.
Bees on flowers, yes, and even with those I was happy to get the bee (or the right part of the bee) in focus, but in flight! Congrats!

I also only have 70-300mm Sigma lens with macro function...

And it is a pity to see that in this spring, what with winter practically not happening here, all our plum tree blossoms are out already (some 6 weeks earlier than last spring!), but the insects are not there as yet. So while we almost drowned in plums last summer, there won't be much fruit this year... and still no chance for any bee-in-flight-photo-practise...

I can always count on LaFoto, even when she criticizes it is completely constructive. Every time I post I hope to hear from her!

Not much of awinter here, either and the trees started blooming early. There are bees and flies out, and a few butterflies, but the butterflies aren't landing and I can't seem to locate the caterpillars! This nature stuff, isn't easy. Good thing I get a nice rush when I get lucky.

Some really nice shots there. Great work!

I am gonna get a macro lens sometime soon, sometime before I see a bug up here in good ol' Maine. The snow isn't even gone yet. Blah.

nice job capturing him in flight... my fav is actually the profile shot... 4th down... :thumbup:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back