From the aquarium and through 2ft of acrylic

JerBoyd

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
boyd.zenfolio.com
Was out taking some photos of the local aquarium and thought this one turned out.

Would love to know what you think.

Did some Photoshop work on it. Basic brightness and contrast work and then a noise filter since I had to boost the ISO to speed up the shutter.

Larger photo here: http://Boyd.zenfolio.com/p143286440/?photo=568028484

p568028484-3.jpg

This is a Whale Shark. The aquarium is located in Okinawa, Japan.

One of the only places on earth to see them captive.

Truly awe inspiring.

Jeremy
www.zenfolio.com

http://Boyd.zenfolio.com/img/p568028484-3.jpg

Extremely impressive!
Absolutely WOW!
The glass is all eliminated and it feels like this shark whale is about to come out of my screen the next instance. Lovely colours and I really like that ray!

Thanks LaFoto,

The light ray is all natural. It came out nice. I have two more shots on my web page and about a hundered on my hard drive waiting to be worked.

So many pictures so little time.

Here you can see the size of the whale shark compared to people.

Link to larger photo: http://Boyd.zenfolio.com/p143286440/?photo=184358933

p184358933-3.jpg

This just happens to be the smallest of the three they had in the tank.

Can you see the one in the back?

Jeremy
www.boyd.zenfolio.com

Ah. Of course: that is why I already knew you had three photos of the aquarium BEFORE you put up this thread: I had already seen them on your site when I went there visiting!

Doenoe,

Thanks for the comments.

LaFoto,

Where in Germany are you from? I have spend some time in Erlangen and Wurzberg. That is a beautiful place and a wonderful country. I will always have fond memories of Germany.

Jeremy

My place is located exactly...

...here:
140px-Karte_Lauenbrueck_in_Deutschland.png
(Wikipedia-Map).
As you can see, we are a lot further north than Würzburg and Erlangen are.
You are very welcome to explore the north of Germany in May of 2008, when we plan to be having the ... see my sig :biggrin:

Did you do anything special to the pictures. They are extremely impressive and I love how there isn't a trace of the glass. Great work.

JLBrew3, Jennifer and song2006 -- Thanks for the comments.

The biggest improvement I saw with these photos was using Neat Image to take away the digital noise. I did some tweaking with highlight and contrast and cleaned up some specs and dust spots. Then I sharpened it before I ran Neat Image.

That is the basic idea. I did use a tripod and a pretty good lens. I have noticed that the quality of the glass (lens) makes a world of difference in your shots.

Hope that helps.

Jeremy

OMG they are amazing

Wow...great shots. That first one is really something...the only thing it lacks, is perspective...I don't feel that awesome size of the creature in the first one...like I do in the 2nd. Great work, I look forward to seeing more.

Most reactions

Back