from the old days

mysteryscribe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
retrophotoservice.2ya.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
another mediocre portrait from the old studio... You are really going to hate that I bought a new faster computer and scanner.
erz4.png

I know I always say the image speaks for itself and this one does, but note the cast aside teddy bear... that wasn't an accident.

I really like it, mysteryscribe, and it does indeed speak for itself, at least to me.

That bear works beautifully, especially with the just-slightly-too-little-and-girlish seeming chair and the level from which the picture was taken. The only thing that distracts my eyes a little from the subject is the empty space above her head. I'd crop the top a *hint* tighter. Just a hint. But that may well be just me. I'm kind of peculiar when it comes to cropping.

Another thing I really like about it is the painting style.

Does it have a title? It looks deserving of a title, in my opinion.

It's great, I really like it. And it should have a title.

Funny you should mention crop. I have been trying this morning to find a good standard crop Everything cuts her feet if I go standard. But you are right the top is too empty.

I wish i had shot a little more of the bear to give e room to crop more. I have that old studio mindset has to fit in a standard frame thinking. I think what i should to is crop the top then put the whole thing on a white sheet that will allow me to display it with a gallery matt.

ps.. shoot enough you are bound to get lucky....NO title you give it on for me.

Most reactions

Back