From Thursday!

Love them, they are fantastic.

I totally agree. PSing his face would kill the look. Does his expression look like one of softness? I think not, and the rough look works great here.
Thanks!
Excellent shots Phototron!

Excellent PS work scotts!!

I am humbled by you both :hail:
Thanks again!
Lovely shots. Any chance of a photo that shows us your set up? i.e. a photo of the studio and lighting arrangement.
Also what gear and settings did you use please?
Thanks.

The lighting set up is really simple. The key light is to his right, and a kicker behind him. The kicker isn't very well positioned, because I had nothing to prevent flare, so I made it very subtle by pointing it away from him more.

The poses change the lighting of the light set up, if he faces the light, it will be short lighting, and if he turn away from the light it will be broad. As you can see most of the shots contain Rembrant lighting pattern.

I used a speedotron 805 powerpack with 2 103 heads, but you can easily achieve the same thing with portable flashes.

:spank:

I want a photo!!

:playball:

;0)
Funny thing is, I can't use the bleeding speedotron pack in my own apartment because of the amp requirement, and there's no space to position 2 lights. So I have to bring all the stuff to school and do all the sessions in a class room. I will try to take a picture of the set up next time.

Most reactions

Back